Chapter Fifty-Six

Even though James protected my identity, I was nervous to meet with Cybill again. Of course I didn't trust her and, while the rest of the group felt the same way, at the end of the day we had no idea if she was lying or telling the truth. That was my greatest concern as I aligned the Crystals to teleport to the heart of Silverleaf...where the majority of people would be, whether it was for food, shopping, or entertainment.

In the event that she was lying, I wasn't ready to face her as Rhea, a powerful witch. I was still re-learning my magic. Even then, it didn't really matter, James, Callisto, and Est were strong fighters. They didn't necessarily need Rhea. The issue would be the people nearby; would she harm them? Would they choose to follow her given her abilities? She had such a way with the people that it was concerning to think that, even if she was considered a bad guy in this fight, the people could choose to follow her willingly as she'd been like a god to them.

Still, there was a chance she wasn't lying. This whole time I disliked Cybill because I was distrustful of most people and I didn't agree with her at La Voison. That didn't mean she was putting on a show. She could very well hold the power to prophesize. And if she can, we've spent this whole time trying to undermine her when we should've been working closely with her in order to better help the people. That was a terrifying thought as well, of course, in a very different way than if she were lying.

James teleported first, followed by myself, Est, and finally Callisto. The town square was just as populated as I remembered it being, even in the midst of chaos outside of Silverleaf. It was as if this part of town didn't believe in the war going on outside of Silverleaf's boarders, or just didn't care. The same could've been said for Coralis but in Silverleaf it felt different. We were much closer to the action and Eris knew that Silverleaf existed. And yet, here they were, street performers engaging with the crowd, live musicians playing in restaurants, people buying expensive items at the market.

It felt wrong.

Of course, the majority of people were still centered around the side seating of one of the restaurants, forming a circle around the area even if they weren't eating. It indicated that something, or someone, important was over there. James headed in that direction and I stayed back, allowing Est and Callisto to follow more closely behind him. As if the people had eyes in the back of their heads, they slowly began to part, allowing James to walk through even though they hadn't looked around. The non-believer in me wondered if Cybill made them move with magic, while another more rational thought shook away the first with a simple, she saw him and asked the people to move.

When the last of the crowd finally parted, Cybill stared at James with a smile before greeting him, "I've been waiting for you...all of you."