Chapter 5 - Melodies

Chie Pov:

I wonder kung meron din silang music room dito sa laki neto, sana meron.

Speaking of, I heard the familiar sound of a song coming from that room. The gentle melody of "Tears in Heaven."

Opening the door, I saw Lolo Emilio seated in a chair, holding a guitar. His eyes were closed as he sang each line, his voice full of emotion. I couldn't help but tear up as I listened, remembering how my dad and mom used to sing this song when I was a child.

"Would it be the same if I saw you in heaven?" Lolo Emilio sang softly, and I found myself joining in.

"Would it be the same if I saw you in heaven?" I sang along, my voice trembling with emotion.

Lolo Emilio paused and looked at me, surprised but with a smile on his lips."Hija, you know this song" he said, seemingly pleased.

"Yes" I replied, walking closer to him. "This was my dad and mom's favorite song. They used to sing it to me often."

Lolo Emilio nodded, giving a sad smile. "This song holds many memories. Rachel and I used to sing it when she was young, but yk nag dadalaga kaya hindi na kami nakakapag bonding."

He started singing again.

Would you know my name?
If I saw you in heaven
Would it be the same?
If I saw you in heaven

Yes, I never saw him growing up but God made a way to make me experience the love of grandparents.

I must be strong
And carry on
'Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven

Would you hold my hand?
If I saw you in heaven
Would you help me stand?
If I saw you in heaven

I'll find my way
Through night and day
'Cause I know I just can't stay
Here in heaven

Time can bring you down
Time can bend your knees
Time can break your heart
Have you begging please

Begging please
Beyond the door
There's peace, I'm sure
And I know there'll be no more
Tears in heaven

"You're a great singer, Chie" syempre may pinagmanahan ata to "genes acting up."

The room was filled with an array of musical instruments - guitars, a grand piano, and even a few violins. The walls were adorned with framed sheet music and photographs of various family members playing instruments.

"I have a question po, why do you have a music room? I mean, it's not something you see in every house." Lolo Emilio chuckled softly.

"This room was Rachel's idea. She loved music more than anything. She requested we have a special place in the house where she could play and practice."

What?! I thought Mama only liked singing because of Daddy tapos ito malalaman ko??!?

I looked around imagining my mom playing music. "I didn't know Mom was so into music." Well, I know she loves singing pero hindi ko in expect magpagawa sarili nyang music room.

"May sinasabi ka ba, hija?"

"Ay wala po, hehe."

"Rachel had a natural talent" Lolo Emilio said, his eyes twinkling with the memory. "She could play the piano beautifully by the time she was ten. She was the heart and soul of this room."

Why didn't she ever tell me about this? Ang ganda ng buhay ni Mommy and just by the look of it mahal na mahal sya ni Lolo.

"Life has a way of making us forget the things we love" Lolo Emilio said, patting my shoulder gently. "But the music room has always been a special place for our family, thanks to Rachel."