Chapter 11 - Beneath the Surface

Chie Pov:

Nakapagdesisyon na ako na mag-join sa volleyball team. Habang papunta ako sa gym para sa practice, lumapit si Jenna sa akin na may smug look sa mukha.

"So, you think you're good enough to join our team, huh?" siraulo ba ito? Okay naman kami nung last encounter namin. Ano, bitchie bitch nanaman?

I kept my composure and nodded. "I'm just here to play and help the team."

Jenna scoffed. "We'll see about that. Let's have a match, just you and me." I knew what she was trying to do, but I wasn't going to back down. Hito!

"Alright, Jenna. Let's play." Pinili mo yan eh.

Nasa court na kami at ang ibang miyembro ay nasa gilid lang. I found Zara, who was watching from the sidelines. She looked concerned, ha.

The match started, and it was clear Jenna was playing aggressively, aiming to hurt me.

"Tangina nito, pag ako natamaan..."

At one point, Jenna spiked the ball with such force that it was headed straight for Zara, who was standing near the net. Without thinking, I ran towards Zara, diving to intercept the ball. Napahiga kami pareho at nasa ibabaw niya pa ako. We both fell to the ground.

For a moment, our faces were inches apart, our lips brushed together briefly.(Parang tumigil ang mundo ko) I quickly pulled away, my face flushing with embarrassment.

"Sorry" I muttered, scrambling to my feet and helping Zara up.

She whispered, "Bi-bingo ka na" which made me chuckle.

Jenna, seeing the unintended consequence of her actions, looked both annoyed and taken aback. The other team members, however, seemed more concerned about us.

"Jenna" Mia's voice cut through the murmurs of the team, causing everyone to fall silent. "Can I have a word with you?"

Jenna reluctantly walked over to Mia, her face flushed with anger and embarrassment.

"Hindi ko alam kung ano iniisip mo" saad ni Mia at raramdam ko ang pagpipigil niya ng inis. "But deliberately trying to hurt a teammate is unacceptable. You're a player, at alam mong mali ang ginawa mo. Kakajoin lang satin ni chie ganyang attitude na pinapakita mo!"

She opened her mouth to protest, but Mia raised a hand to silence her. "No excuses. As a member of this team, you're expected to uphold a certain standard of behavior. If you can't do that, then maybe you shouldn't be on this team at all."

Her eyes flashed with fury, but she held her tongue. It was clear that Mia's words had hit their mark.

"You should do better, Jenna.." Mia continued. "Or else there will be consequences. Consider this your final warning."

With that, Mia turned away, her eyes scanning the rest of the team. "Alright, everyone. Practice is over for today. Get some rest, and we'll regroup
tomorrow."

As the team began to disperse, Jenna glared at me. "Hindi pa tayo tapos!" she muttered under her breath before storming out of the gym.

"Sama ng ugali, sana magkaroon siya ng character development pag tanda niya," I sighed.

---

After the intense day at school and the drama on the volleyball court, Rachel and I were ready to head home. However, when we reached the school gates, we discovered that our driver was nowhere to be found. HUY DRIVER?!?!

"Nasaan na si Kuya?" Rachel muttered, checking her phone for any missed messages. "Wala naman siyang sinabing ma-late siya."

I shrugged. "Mukhang kailangan nating maglakad pauwi. Okay lang ba?"