Chapter 21- Christmas II

Chie Pov:

"What's wrong? Namamaga yang mata mo," Zara asked, her eyes filled with concern.

"Napuwing lang ako, hipan mo nga," I said, pouting to add a touch of drama.

Imbes na hipan ay napahampas lang ako ni Zara sa balikat. "Oh shux, no effect pag papacute ko," I muttered, rubbing my shoulder.

"Nag-prepare na sila ng foods, tumulong na tayo. And by the way, I need to tell you something," Zara said, her tone shifting to a more serious one.

Nagtungo kami sa kusina, kung saan abala sina Rachel, Madam Emelda at ang pamilya ni zara sa paghahanda ng hapunan. Sumama kami sa kanila at tumulong sa pag-aayos ng mga pagkain sa mesa. The aroma of roasted chicken, ham, and maany more.

"Ang sa-sarap naman po niyan." I exclaimed, trying to lift my spirits despite the lingering worry about lolo.

Rachel smiled at me. "Thank you, Chie. We're just about ready. Let's all sit down and enjoy the meal."

Nang makumpleto na ang pag-aayos, naupo na kami sa hapag-kainan. The table was laden with delicious food, and everyone seemed excited to dig in. I tried to focus on the positive energy around me, but my mind kept drifting back to lolo's condition upstairs.

As we started eating, Zara leaned in closer and whispered, "Chie, mamaya na yung sasabihin ko, okay? Let's enjoy the meal first."

I nodded, grateful for her understanding.

Lolo suddenly appeared. Despite his earlier condition, he looked composed, though a bit pale. His presence instantly commanded attention, and everyone fell silent.

"Emelio, buti naman at naka abot ka pa," Madam Emelda said, her voice filled with concern.

Lolo smiled weakly and took his seat at the head of the table. "I couldn't miss dinner with my family, especially on Christmas Eve."

I glanced at him, trying to read his expression. He seemed determined to keep up appearances, but I couldn't shake off the worry gnawing at me. How could he be so composed after what had happened?

"Let's enjoy the meal," lolo said, raising his glass. "To family and to the spirit of Christmas."

Everyone raised their glasses, echoing his toast. As we continued eating, the atmosphere slowly lightened, and conversations flowed more naturally. Lolo joined in, making everyone laugh with his stories and jokes, as if nothing had happened.

Pero sa kaloob-looban ko, hindi ko maiwasang mag-isip tungkol sa sinabi ni lolo tungkol sa kanyang kakayahan at ang kanyang nakita sa hinaharap. Did he really saw his own death? And what else did he saw?

Ano 'to pamilyang may super powers. What if isa palang power ranger si mama?

---

After dinner, everyone moved to the living room to continue the celebration. While us ay nasa room ko na.

I took a deep breath, trying to shake off my worries for a moment. Ibibigay ko na sakanya ang regalo ko.

"Zara," I called softly, approaching her with the bouquet of white lilies and the cute teddy bear. "I have something for you."

Zara turned to me, her eyes lighting up with surprise and delight. "Oh my gosh, Chie, ang ganda!" she exclaimed, taking the flowers and the teddy bear from my hands. "You didn't have to do this."

Napangiti ako dahil sa expression niya. "I wanted to. I know you love flowers, and I thought the teddy bear would be a cute addition."

Zara hugged the teddy bear and smelled the flowers, her eyes sparkling with joy. "Thank you so much, Chie. This means a lot to me."