| The Proposition

Harry Potter stood in the heart of the Forbidden Forest, his wand gripped tightly in his hand. The night was silent, save for the rustling of leaves and the distant calls of nocturnal creatures. He had been summoned here by none other than Tom Riddle, the Dark Lord himself. The air was thick with tension and anticipation.

The dark figure emerged from the shadows, his presence commanding and intimidating. Tom's eyes glinted with a dangerous mix of curiosity and amusement as he approached Harry. "Harry Potter," he drawled, his voice smooth as silk. "To what do I owe the pleasure of this unexpected visit?"

Harry's heart pounded in his chest, but he kept his gaze steady. "I came to talk," he replied, his voice firm. "I want to discuss an alternative to this endless war."

Tom raised an eyebrow, clearly intrigued. "An alternative? And what might that be?"

Harry took a deep breath. "I propose a truce. More than that, actually. I want to join you."

A flicker of surprise crossed Tom's face before it was replaced by a calculating smile. "Join me? You, the Boy Who Lived, want to stand by my side?"

Harry nodded. "Yes. I'm tired of the bloodshed and loss. If joining you means an end to this war and a chance to create a new order, then so be it."

Tom stepped closer, his eyes boring into Harry's. "And what do you seek in return, Harry Potter? Power? Influence? Safety for your loved ones?"

Harry shook his head. "I want to be your second-in-command. Your equal. And..." He hesitated, then continued, "I want to be your husband."

The silence that followed was deafening. Tom studied Harry intently, his expression unreadable. Finally, he spoke. "You surprise me, Harry. But I must admit, the idea has its appeal. Together, we could achieve greatness."

Harry felt a glimmer of hope. "Then do we have a deal?"

Tom extended his hand, a rare gesture of trust. "We do."

Harry grasped it, sealing their pact. Little did they know, this moment would change the course of history forever.