-30-

The large moth titan now followed Shiryu through the ice Hollow Earth realm.

It seemed like an eternity has passed since the fight against Shiryu Kai, which was truly not long ago. The communications feed was gradually starting to fade due to the interference, meaning Gigan was definitely close on some part of the Hidden world. The only problem now was the navigation system that was soon starting to fail, only knowing the general direction of where Akane and Shiryu should go. Due to this, Akane started to worry about making it there in time. Adding on to it, the landscape was treacherous and difficult to get through. On one occasion she and Shiryu nearly fell down a crevice, saved by the quick thinking of deploying the wires. Hours later they reached the edge of the realm, a massive wall of ice and crystals blocking the way. There was definitely no way through all of this obstacle. If Akane used the drilling mode of Shiryu, it will take forever to get through it completely, wasting precious time. Going around looking for a small gap would take time to find as well, also delaying them from getting to Gigan in time. With options limited, Akane began to think what else there was to help her and Shiryu get to the other side.

When she looked up at Mothra, who was currently hovering in place, an idea came to her mind. It was crazy to say the least, but it was worth a shot given what she had witnessed and experienced. She let go of the controls and closed her eyes, thinking as hard as she could. 'Chen...Ling. If you can hear me...let me speak through you two to Mothra. I need some assistance' Akane thought. She didn't know how much range the connection between Mothra and the twin was, but she hoped that it would work somehow. A moment passed before she opened her eyes and saw Mothra dive down and hover right in front of Shiryu. The AI screen flickered a bit to red, but returned to normal instantly. The moth titan gave a chittering sound as its body and wings began to glow golden, lighting up the area a bit but not blinding Akane. The same as before happened when a warm feeling spread across Akane's body, meaning that soon she would hear it. 'What is it that you need help with, she says' came the voice of the twins, relaying what Mothra had asked. 'I need your help to find a way through this. A shortcut, if you may. It's impossible to get through this. So please...help me...' Akane thought, closing her eyes again and thinking as hard as she could.

There was a brief pause before the moth titan gave out a chirrup and flew away, going all the way across the wall of ice and crystals. Akane and Shiryu watched Mothra fly off, the snow and clouds blocking the sight of her flying away as she soon disappeared. Another long while passed, Akane waiting for Mothra to come back or something...before a light shone up far ahead. It was as if a miniature sun had suddenly appeared in the sky, signaling Akane and Shiryu. 'There is one way here, she says' the voice of the twins said through the telepathic link. Akane exhaled in relief and grabbed the controls to pilot Shiryu towards Mothra's light. She picked up the pace so that the mechagodzilla could run for a moment, soon arriving at the destination. Mothra's light dimmed a bit so that an opening could be seen at the base of the ice and crystal wall. It was narrow, that was true, but the sensors now could clearly detect behind the crack that the opening was big enough for Shiryu to get inside. "Thank you, Mothra" Akane said, looking up at the moth titan. Mothra gave out a shrilling call, feeling that the warmth from her light extend once more inside Shiryu as a way to say 'You are welcome'. Now that an opening was discovered, Akane switched Shiryu's hands into drill mode and started excavating, making way for both the mechagodzilla and Mothra.

* * *

Some few drilling sessions later and Shiryu managed to get through the parts that blocked the path.

Now Akane piloted Shiryu to step in and begin walking again, scanning the new area they have entered. It was a much more darker section due to it being mostly caves and tunnels, though much more diverse crystals were present in it. When the beacon lights of Shiryu passed over the crystals, they began to glow a bit and reflect light to other crystals, lighting up the place more. Mothra came out from the hole that Shiryu made, having followed with no trouble. The moth titan, once through, included its wings and flew up to hover below the ceiling, her glowing beginning to brighten just a percentage. That was all needed for the other crystals to transmit more light and spread it around the place. The whole scenery...was beyond beautiful, with so many vibrant colors emitting from all the crystals and creating an immobile light show. "It's...so pretty..." Akane breathed, smiling as she saw everything around them. Later she focused back on the objective and began piloting Shiryu forwards once more, while following Mothra.