2. I insult Ares...again

With our black cloaks on, we prepare to go to Olympus. Each of us with our black matte armour attached to our bodies and weapons ready for a fight. Not wanting the excitement of our old identities, Forge had made cloaks for each of us that when our hoods are pulled over our heads, cover our faces with a mist of black, making us look headless as Angel had once described.

"Omega, why are we heading to Olympus?" Alpha whined, "They are narcissistic and do not hold us to the standard that matches with our power"

We all enter the black SUV that had bought me here years ago, Huntress and I sat in the front and Alpha and Angel in the back. Much like Apollo's chariot this was our own chariot that could change form and travel all around the globe within a matter of minutes.

"Mount Olympus" I tell the chariot once we are all in.

The SUV takes off.

"Alpha, something that you missed whilst serving Kronos is getting a job" I say, "When you are hired for a job you first meet whoever it was that hired you, it is good manners."

"So, we're going to thank them for making you return to camp?"

"Not quite"

Within a few minutes our chariot appears outside the throne room, we all get out and head towards the room where all the gods gather for the summer solstice.

We walk to the centre of the room, barely noticed until we stop, and someone clears their throat pointing at us. Zeus stops whatever debate he is having with his wife, Hera and Apollo and Artemis stop bickering about Apollo referring to her as his little sister yet again.

The room falls silent, there are no happy faces to see us.

"Lord Zeus" I greet, "We are here to tell you that we will honour your request to do what you can't"

A disapproving look appears on his face as he clutches his throne's arm rest.

"Show some respect, boy" Ares warns.

I turn to face my least favourite god,

"Am I wrong?" I challenge, "If so, I would be more than willing to return to Chaos and allow you to solve this issue yourselves, I am sure your children will be pleased to see their parents assisting them in a battle"

Ares responds with a low growl of hate, as he starts to get up ready to fight.

"Ares sit back down!" Zeus orders.

Ares does as told.

"Good God" I praise Ares, his nostrils flare with anger.

"Lord Zeus, is there any speculation of what or who has caused the barrier to fail?"

"No" He says, "I am sure that Chiron may have some of his own suggestions, I suggest you ask him or perhaps Dionysus knows of any?"

I turn to face Mr D who sits with a wine challis in his hand, a bored expression sits on his face as he stares into the wineless challis.

Mr D stares into the Challis for another few seconds before he looks up with all attention on him.

"Sorry" He apologises "I got so bored I went into a daydream" He admits.

"Do you know of any possible suggestions as to why the barrier is failing?" I ask.

"Some pesky demigod probably did it" He accuses, "Someone may have decided that they're angry at the gods again"

Despite not being serious, the others rumbled in agreement.

"Hermes" Apollo says, "Have you angered anymore of your children lately?" he jokes.