Chapter 6

Travis was walking through the woods near the crime scene. He had left the bar and said good bye to Karoline and George while promising that they should chat again when he got the time. Travis was also thinking about how Karoline suit highlighted her chest area well. He couldn't help but stare for a little bit although he knew she was off limits he could still look. Besides he wasn't looking for a girlfriend yet and he hoped that George and Karoline have a long relationship. 

Travis then said to himself out loud "Karoline certainty filled up in all the right places. I knew that shifters change after hitting a certain age but who knew she would be drop dead gorgeous!" As he said that an acorn flew through the air at high speed and smacked in the side of the head. Travis clutched his head as pain started to radiate from the impact and he cursed up a storm as he stopped and looked around his surroundings for what threw the acorn.

He found that there wasn't anything near by that could explain what just happened to him. So he continued onward never realizing that a set of  angry green eyes were following his every movement. Travis was walking still when heard the voice of an officer a several feet to his right shoulder in the distance. He walked towards the voice and crested a small wooded hill and bushes before he finally saw the officer in question talking with another officer.

Travis walked closer and took in his surroundings as he stopped near the officer. There was woods everywhere, Bushes to the left and right, vines all along the trees, leaves, stones, pine needles. There in the middle of all this was a huge pool of blood that was dried. The blood coated the forest dark muddy ground and the leaves as well. The sun was high in the sky and Travis calculated that it was around 2pm to 2:30pm. He then looked around and behind him he saw the police officers had put police tape around this area and they had other officers outside the police tape guarding the crime scene.

The leaves were all different colors that were brown, grey, blue, yellow, green, orange, purple, and pink. The ground was a dark brown and muddy from the rain they got a couple of days ago. Karoline was complaining about it when he left them. The tree had multiple color leaves on it branches. The bark of each tree was dark grey or brown. Bushes thick and full of thorns set off each way you looked. The wind will be picking up soon Travis thought as he sniffed the air, he smelled rain that was going to come soon maybe tomorrow early morning.

He looked straight ahead and he was facing the officer and then he heard some noise that made him look over his right shoulder. He saw that there was a small little cliff that wasn't to big off a drop off because Travis had been in this part of the woods when he was a kid. Travis then heard what the noise what he was hearing it was s stream of rushing water that was down below. He then focused back on the police officer as the man cleared his throat to get his attention. The officer was just scowling at Travis and mumbling about how he always have to deal with the morons on his shift.

Travis's eyes glowed and he growled at the man and showed his fangs at the police officer and he said with a warning tone "You know we shifters have great hearing and I heard what you just said about me. If you must know I wasn't in daydreaming like an idiot. I was looking around the place for anymore evidence or anything like that!" The officer flinched and looked down and Travis just huffed and said "Now I will see what happened here and I thank you for finding the scene of the crime."

He then walked towards the blood and crouched down towards the ground, using his all of his sense. Travis looked at the dried blood and could tell that from the pool of blood that the dead body was laying on his stomach and then turned over then stabbed repeatedly because there were layers of blood dried over each other. He also smelt gunpowder on the ground from somewhere because the wind picked up a little bit. He scanned the ground around the body and beyond and that is where he saw something glitter a couple of feet maybe 6 feet away from the body.