Chapter 17

Travis was staring at a giant tree that was a General Sherman which is somewhat native to this island they grow in larger quantities in the middle of the giant island. It size is impressive to say the least. Although that wasn't what was so shocking to them all it was the fact that the tree was Jack's actual house. The door was hidden underneath one of the tall roots. The color of the tree was light brown with two windows on either side of the door. There was even a second story because there was windows a little further up the tree's trunk.

Travis whistled at the sight of the whole house. Jack was leaning on one of the giant roots that over hanged near his door hiding it in the shadows. He waved at them when Travis continued to drive forwards and park right next to Jack's car. It was a ford mustang  that was completely black with tinted windows. It was surprising that Jack had a sports vehicle that he took to work for the day but not like Travis had any room to talk. Travis, David and Marie all got out of Travis vehicle when he parked it and turned it off.

Jack ran up and hugged Marie who was running ahead of Travis. Travis wasn't jealous but his fox sure was and he had to calm his fox down. Jack still hugging Marie said "Sorry I couldn't greet you correctly when we met at the crime scene today to many eyes on us. I can tell that you are happy and I am so glade to see you so happy." Marie laughing shoved Jack away and she then turned towards Travis gave him a look with her eyes that he couldn't figure out. Marie then turned around with her back towards Travis she then said something softly to Jack that Travis even with his super hearing couldn't hear what was said.

Whatever Marie said made Jack smile then laugh before he finally acknowledge Travis and David who was right beside him on his right hand side. "Where are my manners. Me and Marie go way back when I found her running around my tree at might scaring the hell out of me and my wife. Now why don't I give you the tour of my place then we can discuss business." Jack then turned around while Marie walked over to Travis and leaned up against him quieting his still jealous fox up. 

Travis then spoke up once he put one arm around Marie and walking forwards with her clinging to him. "I might need your help with something that I just found out a little while ago. It's has to do with magic related. I think when I was a kid someone tampered with my memories making me forget half the stuff I know about Marie here who is my mate." Jack whirled around after he opened the door to his house and said with a scowl "WHAT! I am so happy for you don't get me wrong I am upset that someone has the audacity to use mind magic. It was is strictly forbidden to be used unless under dire circumstances and even then it is still not good to use. Come I will take you to my basement where we have enough room to work with and figure this out."

Jack then whirled around and stomped off into his house while Travis and the still clinging Marie followed him while David trailed behind him. Travis looked around the house but he didn't get stop and enjoy the house since he had to keep up with Jack. They went through the entrance way, through the living room and then off to the left side of the living room was a closet set on the very back wall next to a door that went off to somewhere else. Jack opened the wooden Victorian style door. 

It had stairs leading downwards so that ruled out the closet that Travis thought it was. There were several shield wards throughout this place Travis could feel it. When Jack headed down the stairs Travis followed it was narrow and Marie was still clinging onto him so he felt all of her curves once her sides were pressed up against him. He thought to himself  "Lord help me! I didn't expect her to be so curvy. I hope I can get through the date with trying to mate with her on the first date." When Travis looked over as they were still going down the steps it was like she read his mind because she whispered in his ear "Are you thinking about having me as appetizer right now for our date tonight?" She then smirked as she nipped at his neck while he was blushing beet red.