Chapter 18

~Flashback one day ago~

The next morning Travis woke up to his phone ringing and he sighed as he just knew it was his mother. He checked the time and it read 5:23 am in the morning. He growled as he was trying to get at much sleep as he could before going to Jack place but that thought was slowly slipping away by the minute. He finally answer his phone with a tired voice he said "Why are you calling me at ..5 am in the morning mother?"

What he heard on the other end of the line was his mum saying something while everyone else who was behind her were yelling so it drowned her out. He then heard her yell out "Shut up!" The yelling quieted down and then she spoke up again "Dear I know how early it is right now and I am sorry but I wanted to hear how you are doing my sweet son! I also have great news your grandma is here and she wanted to come in see you so in a couple of days we will be heading your way. Your useless father is coming as well which I didn't want but my mother wouldn't take no for an answer. ~Sigh~ Well I got to go talk to you later and remember don't end up like your dear old father."

Travis then heard his father yell out "Don't end up like your old mother that wicked witch...Ow..stop no not the face.." Before the phone could be hung up he heard yelling and someone yelped before a thump was heard. Travis stretched out on his bed while trying to wake up he then felt his pillow on his right side of him start to move. Travis then stopped mid stretched when he realized pillows aren't supposed to move. He slowly turned to his right side and right in front of him was a sleeping Marie who was just opening her eyes.

Travis yelp and tried to jumped out of bed but the covers were still on him thus instead of jumping up he fell of the side of the bed with a mighty "Thump!" Travis felt hard flooring and he was thankful it wasn't a big fall off the bed. He cursed and tried to wiggle his way out of his cocoon. He stopped as he heard Marie laughing above him. She then popped her head off the side of his bed with a smile on her face "You want some help getting untangled? I am sorry that I scared you so early in the morning." 

Travis grunted as he was focused on trying to still get out of the tangle of sheet. Marie feet then appeared in Travis vision before a pair of warm hands entered the sheet and after several minutes of both of them struggling Travis in all of his underwear glory was free. Marie walked into his closest and came out with a bundle of work clothes that were all silver. She placed them on the bed while looking at Travis up and down with her eyes. Travis not worried didn't cover up or hide anything he just had a question running in his mind which he voiced out loud to Marie "What were you doing in my bed because I surly didn't go to bed with you last night."

Marie looked down at the floor and said while blushing "I woke up last night to a bad dream so I decided to sneak in your bed while you were sleeping. I can honestly say that I haven't rested that well in a long while I guess sleeping next to you helps with that." 

Travis opened his mouth as Marie was waiting for his angry to lash out but instead Travis said "Okay. Well next time tell me when you have a nightmare I don't mind if you sleep next to me. I thought we did something last night that I couldn't remember and that honestly scared me but it is good to know that didn't happen."

Marie smiled and she said "I don't think we had any alcohol for that to happen." While she was talking he got dressed and then he turned around when he saw that Marie had took some clean clothes with her into his room last night. She was changing right now and as much as his fox was pestering him to look he didn't for privacy reasons. Once she was done they both walked into the kitchen and got something to eat before heading out the front door.