Chapter 22

Dad and I make it back home and I immediately go to the backyard and sit outside. I pull my phone out and look at it. 20 missed calls and 37 missed texts from Lilly. I scroll through the texts but one of them catches my eye.

Lilly

Charlie wouldn't do that-L

Why are you saying it's him-L

Stop lying-L

We need to break up. I can't believe your lying about Charlie doing that to you-L

I'm taken back by the fact Lilly would say stuff like that. Why is she defending Charlie? I thought she would defend me because he hurt me. Does she know him or something? I put my phone back into my pocket and just sit there on the hill. Great my first girlfriend broke up with me because she thinks I'm lying about Charlie hurting me. I just don't understand why should would say all of that. I stand up and walk back inside and go to the music room. I connect my phone to the speakers and just listen to my music. 

I've been listening to music for about an hour when my phone starts blowing up. I pick it up to see it's Lilly. I open the chat but don't respond.

Lilly

You're such a whore. Charlie says you asked him to do it-L

Just when I thought you were a good girlfriend you go ahead and cheat on me with my brother-L

That's when my heart sank. Charlie is Lilly's brother? How!!!! They don't even look the same. I sink down in my blue fluffy bean bag and just throw why phone across the room hitting the wall. That's when dad came rushing in. He comes over to me and kneels down on the floor.

"What's wrong love. Please talk to me" Dad says holding me

I don't speak I just start shaking. I can tell dad is trying to help me out but I can't stop. Why would she do this? Did she know how my family was all along? Was she using me to get closer to my family? Why was she faking being so nice? Dad holds me tightly causing me to stop shaking. He holds onto me until he can know for sure I'm not going to shake again. Dad slowly lets go of me and sits down on the floor in front of me.

"What happened love. Are you okay" Dad says

"Phone" I say

"We can get you a new phone it's okay. I just need to make sure you okay" Dad says

"Look at it" I say quietly

Dad get up off the floor and walks over to my phone that I threw across the room. He picks it up but not glass falls. I guess the screen just cracked. He picks it up and his face goes white. He reads for a few minuets and doesn't say anything. He puts the phone into his pocket and walks back over to me. He gives me a hug and then walks out of the room.

 Not only does dad know what Lilly said to me. He knows I'm gay now. He won't bring it up though because right now I just need to focus on what's happening and why it all doesn't make any sense to me.