Chapter 25

I wake up to my alarm blaring in my ear. I turn over in my bed and turn it off. I start home schooling again today. This is going to suck. I get out of bed but when I stand up I suddenly feel very nauseous. I run to my bathroom and throw up in the toilet. Just as I finish I turn and see dad standing in the bathroom door with a box.

"What's that" I say wiping my mouth

"It's a pregnancy test love" Dad says

'W-what why" I say

"Please take it. We need to know if he got you pregnant after what he did to you" Dad says

I take the box from dad and don't say anything else. Dad goes over to my bed and sits down on it. I close the door and open the box up. I place the box on the counter top and sit down on the toilet. I do the test and then place it on my bathroom counter.

I walk out of the bathroom holding the test and hand it to dad without even looking at it. He holds it in his hands. I watch his face closely to make sure it's negative. Dad's face drops a little.

'It's positive" Dad says

"Oh" I say

"It will be okay. It's your decision on what you want to keep the baby or not love. Just know that I'll be here for you no matter what" Dad says

"Thank you" I say as I hug him

"Come down soon so we can start some school work" dad says leaving

Dad walks out and I go over to my mirror and pull up my shirt. I look at my stomach and just place a hand on it. What do I do? Do I keep the child of the guy that raped me? Do I make the choice to get rid of this child? I mean this child is half me and my DNA. I don't know. I need more time to think about it. The test did say I was probably only two weeks along anyway but I would have to go to the doctor to check anyway.

I put my shirt down and walk downstairs to the kitchen where dad is waiting for me to start some school work. The twins are there too which surprises me. Did dad take them out of school as well? I hope they weren't getting hate. I sit down at the table and open my English book. English is really easy for me. Not just because we speak I but because I'm really good at writing.

I finish an hour of my work so I close my book and go and sit on the couch. Dad comes over to me and sits down next to me.

"Can I talk to you" Dad says

"Yeah" I say

"So your mother and I have decided that we will be um separating" Dad says

"What." I say

"Yeah we are on different life paths and just though it would be for the best" Dad says

That's when my heart broke again. How could they do that..