Chapter 37

I get rushed out of the car and into a wheelchair by the medical staff. I don't know exactly what is happening. I just know that something might be wrong with my baby. I hold onto my stomach as they rush me past the big ER doors and into a room. They help me onto the bed and a doctor immediate comes in with an ultrasound machine. She pulls up my shirt exposing my stomach and immediately starts checking on the baby. 

I start panicking ever more since nobody's telling me what happening. I watch as the doctor stop what she's doing and turns the screen off. Just then dad walks into eh room to see they aren't doing anything.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING" I yell crying hysterically

"You need to calm down Matilda" The doctor says

"NO I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENING TO MY BABY" I say

A nurse comes into my room and puts something into my IV. I suddenly feel really drowsy. I don't fall asleep though. I just get really calm. I lay there with no thought in the world. I look at the plain white hospital walls just holding my stomach. I feel the tears running down my face but I can't actually cry right now. I see the doctor talking to dad out in the hallway. I hope everything's okay though.

Dad walks back into the room a little while later and sits down next to me. He grabs my hands and squeezes them in his. He just looks at me for a while and then opened his mouth. He does that for a while until he finally speaks to me.

"Honey. We need to talk" Dad says

"No" I say

I know exactly what happened. I lost my baby. I lost the one thing that was keeping me on this planet. How could this have happened to me. Maybe this is what was best. I was a lesbian having a baby. I never wanted a baby.

"Can we go home" I say

"we could love but you need to umm push the baby out first" Dad says looking down 

I know he didn't want to tell me that but I knew that was coming. I just need to get through this and be able to cope with the aftermath. I nod at dad and he gets up to what I assume is a nurse. I watch as he walk out of the room and up to the nurses station. I watch as the nurse nods at him and walks away.