Chapter 28

Professor Fig's Office

Lara knocks on the door to Professor Fig's office.

Lara: "Professor Fig, it's Lara, may I come in?"

Professor Fig: "Yes, of course."

Lara: "Professor, the Keepers have shown me where the next trial is."

Professor Fig: "Has something changed?"

Lara: "Lodgok and I have learned that the goblins are searching for another repository - like the one we saw at Rookwood Castle. And I discovered that they're building massive drills to help their search. Professor Fitzgerald seemed very concerned."

Professor Fig: "I see. Ranrok clearly knows even more than we suspected."

Lara: "And, sir - there's something else. Lodgok knew Miriam."

Professor Fig: "He knew Miriam?"

Lara: "They encountered each other at Rookwood Castle. She was doing research. That's where she found the container with the Portkey. He liked her so much that he let her leave with it - despite orders from Ranrok."

Professor Fig: "I don't know what to say. She could win over almost anyone. I want to hear more of this - and, in fact, I'd like to speak with Lodgok directly. But we've no time now. Where is the next trial?"

Lara: "Believe it or not, it's in the Headmaster's office."

Professor Fig: "Incredible. Very well. You'll need the password to get past the stone gargoyle. The Headmaster's house-elf will know it."

Lara: "I don't know the Headmaster's house-elf. Will he even speak to me? I imagine he's loyal to the Headmaster."

Professor Fig: "He is. So, you'll need a disguise. I have just the thing - a Polyjuice Potion. You'll look and sound like Professor Black."

The Golden Trio grimace remembering their own experience with Polyjuice Potion, hopefully Lara will have better success.

Lara: "Wait, doesn't Polyjuice Potion require a bit of the person you want to change into? And takes ages to brew?"

Professor Fig: "It does."

Lara: "So, how do you already have Polyjuice Potion to change into Professor Black?"

Professor Fig: "One never knows when such a thing may come in handy. Let's just say I felt the need to be prepared for anything after my fruitless trip to the Ministry on his behalf. Now, time is of the essence. Drink up and I shall explain more."

"Well, that's creepy and maybe a little petty."

He hands her a fancy looking bottle, shrugging she downs the potion. A second later she lets out a pained cry and grabs her stomach dropping the bottle on the floor. The camera pans around her as it focuses on Professor Fig while she transforms. Professor Fig waves his wand at her as the camera comes back around and we see Professor Black standing across from him.

  Professor Fig waves his wand at her as the camera comes back around and we see Professor Black standing across from him