Chapter 19

October 31st

It has been a few weeks since her mysterious encounter with the strange figure as well as her strange vision she had in Divination and the blue text in her book. However, that wasn't what was currently on Lara's mind, for some reason she woke up this morning feeling very depressed. Why am I feeling so depressed? Its almost like I'm missing a part of myself.

Harry's eyes widen realizing his twin is suffering the same way he did.

Her professors noticed this and asked if she was okay, she told them she is fine, just homesick which was a lie. At one point Natty asks to meet her at Falbarton Castle tonight, she smiles. This is just what I need, an adventure with a friend.

Lily is less excited knowing that this adventure is probably going to be dangerous.

Falbarton Castle Nighttime

We see an old castle that has definitely seen better days, as she flies closer she spots Natty waiting for her.

Natsai: "Psst. Over here. Quietly. I am glad you came. We need to stay low and remain quiet."

Lara: "Natty, what's going on? Why are we all the way out here?"

Natsai: "As promised, I did some investigating to find out what Harlow is up to. I followed him to the Hog's Head. I noticed him reading a letter. All I could see was that it was signed by and bore the seal of Victor Rookwood. And after you told me that Rookwood and Harlow were after you, I decided that you were the perfect person to join me in taking them down - for good. That letter is the tangible proof that Officer Singer needs. It is why I followed Harlow here and why I wrote to you. I need your help to retrieve it."

"There is no guarantee the letter would incriminate him, this is a risky plan." Dorea comments.  

Lara: "Can't we just bypass Officer Singer and go directly to the Ministry?"

"I wish it worked like that." Amelia muttered glaring at Lucius, if Fudge wasn't such a stupid greedy niffler whose only concern was money or staying in power rather than doing his damn job her department might actually be able to do the job it was created to do.

Natsai: "Do you think they will listen to a student? Only Officer Singer can start an investigation. The Ministry will come in later."

"Yeah and they'll probably try and take all the credit saying they had the entire department investigating when in reality it was just one Auror." James and Nymphadora grumble.

Lara: "I'll help you find the letter, Natty."

Natsai: "I'm glad to hear it. I'll check the main gate. See if you can find another way in. I do not see any guards, but we should still try to be as quiet as possible. Harlow is here after all."

The two witches split up, Lara climbs up the side of the castle, at times having to use magic to levitate boxes to use as platforms to reach a ledge. After a while she finds her way to the room controlling the castle gate. She cast Depulso at the push gear multiple times before using Accio to pull down the latch, preventing the gate from lowering.

Natsai: "Well done. I will be right up."

Natty climbs up the ladder from the gate entrance to the gate control room.

Natsai: "I knew you could do it. This way. I will get the door."

Unlocking the door they walk out onto one of the walkways, a pair of large double doors across the way.