Chapter 17

Following the landmarks on the map Lara ends up at a goblin outpost. I hope Mr Oakes is okay, regardless I should hurry. Once again she turns invisible to get a better idea of what she is up against. It seems this is one of the goblins' larger outposts, there are multiple goblin archers patrolling the upper levels, and several goblins watching over other areas. She decides this would be a good opportunity to try out some of the magic she learned from Ravenclaw's journal. Grabbing a rock she points her wand at it and mutters a silencing and illusion charm, then she tosses it towards two goblins. Due to its small size and the clanking of their armor they don't notice it, she then creeps up and starts casting spells. After taking out both goblins she looks around and sees that no one heard them. Good, no one noticed this will make my job much easier. Thank you, Professor Ravenclaw.

"Harry, your sister is amazing." Ginny says, the Potters smiled at her compliment.

Goblin Outpost Interior

Inside the fort she finds even more goblins.

Loyalist Warrior: "It's punishment to us all to have that miserable human around."

Miserable human? That must be Mr Oakes!

Repeating what she did outside she eliminated the two goblins and made her way deeper into the fort. Unfortunately she soon found herself in a large room with several goblins roaming around, there was no way she could take them all down without being spotted. Shrugging she decides to chuck a few Chinese Chomping Cabbage's down on them, once the goblins are distracted she starts casting spells. After a few minutes of fighting all the goblins lay on the floor dead, after a bit more searching she finds the fort's dungeon. After taking out the guards she makes her way over to the only closed door.

Lara: "Hello? Mr Oakes?"

Rowland Oakes: "Yes! I'm here! They've taken my wand! This cell has an enchanted lock. I have experience with these locks, but need my wand if I have any chance of opening it."

Many Purebloods scoffed at the fact this man allowed goblins to best him and then take his wand from him.

Lara: "Sit tight Mr Oakes, I'll find your wand and get you out."

Backtracking she finds another large room full of goblins. After several minutes of fighting and a few potions she stands victorious. Searching around the side rooms she spots a wand sitting on a table. This must be Mr Oakes wand. He'll be glad to have this back. Grabbing the wand she rushes back to his cell.

Lara: "Mr Oakes, I found your wand."

Rowland Oakes: "Please! Pass me my wand! I can't get out of this damned cell without it. It's my last hope. Please!"

She slips the wand through the small window of the cell door. A moment later the locks disengage and a mustached man in a business suit, top hat and glasses walks out.

Rowland Oakes: "You did it! Found my wand and - Wait - You're a student? We must get you to safety, immediately. It's dangerous -"

Lara: "It's all right, Mr Oakes. I've dealt with these goblins before."

Rowland Oakes: "Dear Merlin. You're either very lucky or very talented. How did you find me?"

Lara: "I'm a friend of Adelaide's. She was worried about your business with Ranrok's Loyalists."

Rowland Oakes: "She was right to be. I couldn't go through with the agreement. And when I told them, I ended up blindfolded and behind bars. Been locked in that infernal cell for so long they'd forget I was even there. I - overheard things."