Party A and Party B

If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever

Alfred Lord Tennyson

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" I'm marrying Aakriti. " Ruhaan replied. Everyone standing there went in shock. 

" Kya tumne bhi vahi suna jo maine suna " Ravi asked Dhruv. "Suna to maine bhi vahi. Bro are you alright?" He asked Ruhaan. Anjali came close to him and touched her forehead " Teri tabiyat to nahi kharaab hai na beta ". Ruhaan sighed and said " Calm down you all, aise to mera sar khaate rehte ho bahu kab laa raha hai, bahu kab laa raha hai. Now I'm ready to get married and you all are reacting like this." 

" Beta, You're serious about this. Right?" Ravi asked. " I'm damn serious Dad. " Dhruv patted his shoulder and said " Oho vo Pie Empire ki CEO ne aisi konsi pie khila di jo aapka raaton raat hriday parivartan ho gaya ". " You said that she's not the one for you then what happened ? " His mom asked

" Hey Bhagwaan ! Shaant ho jao aap sab. I'll tell you everything but please let me breathe first . I'm tired . I'm going to meet Daadi and after lunch I'll tell you everything ". Ruhaan said and left the kitchen without looking at anyone. 

" Sharmaa ji, aaj suraj kahan se nikla tha ? " Anjali asked Ravi still not believing what just happened.

.

.

.

Ruhaan went in the garden where his grandmother Shobha was sitting on a bench. She has turned 85 this month and she is a heart patient. Last year she got a heart attack. The doctor has indicated that she does not have much time remaining. She'd last a year or two. 

Ruhaan came behind her and kept his palms on her eyes. She smiled and held his palms. She kissed them and said " Aa gya mera bachaa! " Ruhaan chuckled and came in front of him . He touched her feet for blessings. " Khush Raho aur jaldi hi mujhe meri bahu se milwao " She patted his cheeks. He sat on the grass and kept his head on her lap. " Dhoond li h aapki bahu maine." She got happy and asked " Sachi?" He hummed in response. 

" Is she beautiful?" Shobha asked listening to which Aakriti's face popped in front of him. Those lush curls, chubby cheeks, pink lips and those beautiful eyes. Ruhaan has seen a lot of beautiful women in his life but he never got this restless before.

" Bohot " He said with an affectionate smile on his face.

.

.

.

After lunch:

" Aap kuch bolenge." Ravi asked ruhaan. The whole family was sitting in the living room. Ruhaan took a deep breath and continued " I met Aakriti. She seems to be a nice girl and also, I've come to understand that I should marry someone now. I refused you that day because she didn't seem ready but today morning, she told me that she wants to marry me. So, here I am".