I want to go HOME!

My eyes adore you but it's my soul that fell in love with you

The Better Man Project

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Hey, my little princess Ruhaan's family just called me and we're going to meet them tomorrow and that too in Lucknow ". My uncle (Keshav Rai in case you forgot) told me from the other side of the phone. " Why'd they meet me in Lucknow ?" I asked. " Beta kyunki vo log Lucknow mein rehte hai " He told me.

What? Lucknow? Ruhaan is from Lucknow. No, it can't be. It can be any other place but not Lucknow that place contains a lot of memory that I do not want to recall at all.

Why the fuck I didn't search his background before signing the contract? Dammit.

" Fine " I said my voice contrasting the anxiety arising inside me 

  " We can visit your home for a few minutes if you like. You haven't been there from the last 21 years." He said and I disconnected the call without saying anything else.

Home, in these 21 years I forgot the meaning of home. Nothing feels like home now. My whole definition of home died with my parents. My uncle thinks that I never once returned to that place because I've never told him that I went there not once but twice.

I went there for the first time after the day of my graduation to find some proof against the one who murdered my parents. Yes, they were murdered, and I know who was behind the death of my parents and I've been planning my revenge from the last 10 years, and I've collected plenty of information which'd be enough to destroy that person's whole life. They turned my whole life into a living hell, and I should return the favor. Shouldn't I?

I threw myself on my bed as I was all tired. I closed my eyes and a face appeared in front of me- 'Ruhaan' His gaze which always catches me off guard. His playful smile which never fades. The way he always teases me which irritates the hell out of me. I soon went into sleep while thinking about all this.

" Meri strawberry mujhe waapas karo". I jumped high to catch the strawberry which a boy was holding. " First promise me something uske baad hi milegi yeh strawberry tujhe." I sighed and asked " kaisa promise?" . He smiled affectionately and said " Agli baar jab hum ghar-ghar khelenge to tumhara pati main hi banunga". "Acha baba promise. Ab to waapas krdo" I said with a pout on my face. He bent to be at my face level and gave me the strawberry. I snatched it from his hands and ate it quickly before he can take it again. He cupped my face and said " My little strawberry "

The alarm rang and I came back to reality. I sighed and turned it off. For the first time I cursed myself for setting an alarm. Usually, I'm thankful for my alarms because they bring me back from my nightmares but not now. I closed my eyes and remembered the face of that boy. I was just 7 at that time that's why I don't remember his name but after my parents he's the only one I miss the most. When I went to Lucknow, I went to his place to meet him but someone else came out of the house and told me that his family has shifted to another place. I could've found him if I wanted to, but something just held me back.