A Daydream to My Nightmare

Something about you made me feel a little more alive and a little less lost

A Better Man Project

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" If I die, trust me. I'll haunt you for the rest of your life." I said and wrapped my arms around Ruhaan's waist while standing near the ledge. Behind us the Bungee Jumping Operator checked our harnesses one last time. " I'd love to be haunted by a pretty ghost like you." He said and smiled playfully.

I glanced at the height we were standing at. I can't understand the enjoyment people find in these activities. What is the fun in risking your life?

"Ready?" asked the bungee jumping operator. "Any last wishes, wifey?" Ruhaan grinned. "Stop kidding," I said, giving him a cold stare. My heart skipped a beat as I caught a glimpse of Lake Thun far below us.

" It's safe. Don't worry" he said in a reassuring tone. I sighed and nodded. " We're ready" Ruhaan told the operator. He nodded and gave us a small push. My muscles tensed as we jumped.

We swayed in the air. My stomach lurched as I descended.

Initially, I was frightened and let out a scream that blended with Ruhaan's laughter. I shut my eyes, and gradually, adrenaline surged within me. 

I felt alive at this moment. The world around us ceased to exist. No worries, no revenge. Just wind whistling in my ear, a beautiful lake below, Swiss Alps surrounding the environment and him in my embrace.  The world around us seem to fade away, as our mind and body are completely immersed in the sensation of falling and flying all at the same time.

It wasn't just the bungee jumping which made me feel alive. It was the fact that I was with Ruhaan who made me feel alive like no one else did.

My screams changed into a laugh. Ruhaan's grip tightened on me, and I hid my face in his chest as the rope recoiled.

A raft waited for us in the lake. The raft member unhooked our harnesses as we collapsed there. I exhaled deeply. " Holy shit." Ruhaan said after he caught his breath.

" Are we already in heaven?" I said in a dramatic tone. The view around us did resemble a heaven. "I don't believe your actions will grant you entry into heaven, Mrs. Sharma. So we're still on Earth." Ruhaan replied in his usual playful voice.

.

.

.

It's evening, and we are leisurely walking through the streets of Iseltwald. The tranquility here is astounding. I had never imagined that nature could be so peaceful, but Ruhaan has opened my eyes to all of these wonders.

"Let's just sit here," I suggested, settling myself beside the serene lake. Ruhaan joined me as well. "How are you enjoying your holidays so far?" he inquired. I looked at the lake and smiled.