Take A Break

You return like autumn, and I fall every time

Anonymous

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We reached a riverside park. It was 6 in the morning; the air was fresh, and the environment was calm, birds were chirping.  I took a deep breath taking in the morning air. I glanced at Aakriti who was still sleepy.

I made her wear the headphones and she gave me a questioning look, " I don't listen to songs." She told me. 

"Morning jogs and old songs. My favorite part of the day" I said and smiled. " What's so special in that?" She asked while fixing her headphones. " You're missing out on a lot of things. Aren't you?" I said and turned on my playlist.

I fixed my headphones and shoved my phone in my pocket. I took a deep breath and started walking slowly. " Follow me" I told Aakriti. She shrugged her shoulders and followed me. I decided not to jog as it was her first day and she doesn't look the type who works out often so I thought we should begin with some light exercises.

A blissful morning with my strawberry and Kishore Kumar's song playing in the background. This is all I could ask for. She was looking at the Gomti River while walking. I saw a tiny comforting smile playing on her lips.

Nature is the best therapist. It will start healing you before you even realize. The amount of comfort we get from being in nature cannot be explained.

She was lightly swaying her hands while walking. I was observing her every single movement. Her smile, the comfort in her eyes which mostly looks vulnerable, her hair which was gently swaying in the breeze. My heart swelled with affection. She always looks beautiful, but when her genuine happiness shines through, she truly resembles a goddess.

Her eyes landed on me who was already looking at her, she raised her eyebrow in a questioning look, and I just shook my head and smiled. She frowned a little and started looking towards the trees which were moving with the breeze.

" How're you feeling?" I asked her while walking, " You know what? I'm actually feeling relaxed." She replied. "It's important to dedicate a portion of your daily routine exclusively for yourself where you can do anything that you love and find comfort in." I told her.

" It seems I've never really considered what brings me joy or comfort." She replied with a sigh. I like she has started being honest about her emotions with someone but my heart aches at her word, I can't help but wonder how she survived everything alone. 

" It's time you should start considering it." I told her and she looked at me. " Take a break from your daily life and spend some time with yourself. " 

" Who'll handle my company then? Also, I'm the chairperson I can't just stop everything and take a break " She asked with a raised eyebrow. " Maybe your company would struggle a little without you but sometimes you need to unplug yourself from all your responsibilities and recharge yourself. When you'll return back to your responsibilities, you'll be more productive than ever."