An Arranged Date

You say that you love rain, but you open your umbrella when it rains.
You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadow spot when the sun shines.
You say that you love the wind, but you close your windows when wind blows.
This is why I am afraid, you say that you love me too.

William Shakespeare

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's midnight. Aakriti is lying on her bed, thinking about the words that Ruhaan said to her on the terrace. Deep down she knows whatever he said is true. Her smile is fake. That's not her concern right now. She's mad about how vulnerable he made her look today. No one has ever behaved to her like he did today. She hates when someone thinks of her as weak or heartless. She does not like asking for help. She'd rather suffer alone than asking for help. It's the way she has been raised.

"That jerk has exceptionally good observation skills" She mumbled and fell in a deep sleep.

Maa? Dad? Wh-where are you? I screamed in panic. It was dark all around me. All I could hear is the scream of my parents. I ran around the room but I could'nt see anything. All of a sudden I heard a gunshot and my parents body covered with blood.

I opened my eyes and sat on the bed. My breathes were heavy. I was sweating . I looked around and found myself in my room. My eyes were filled with tears. I looked at the time it was 4:30 in the morning.

" It was just a nightmare" I tried to calm myself "Everything's fine, don't worry" I was trying to calm my breathes. After few minutes my condition was better. I stood up from bed and took my anti-anxiety pills. After that I went into the balcony and sat on the floor, my face covered with my hands.

I've been getting the same nightmare for the last 20 years . It started after that horrible incident happened which completely changed my life. From that day I was not able to stay in dark or sleep peacefully and I'll make sure that those who made my life a living hell pay for what they did.