Signing her life

If there's one thing I'm sure of, I'm sure that you have always belonged with me

Akif Kichloo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I came out of my meeting my PA Vikram came towards me " Sir, Ms. Aakriti Rai is here to meet you with her PA". I was surprised as hell when I heard this, but I kept my expression calm in front of him. Why'd she come to meet me? I bet she was super pissed with me after our previous encounter and for your kind information our encounter was really a co-incidence. I'm not stalking her. I want to know about her, but I won't do creepy things like stalking. I tried to find more about her she has kept all the information about her past crystal clear. I just found few things. She lived in India before she turned 9, her parents died in an accident and after that she lived with her uncle in California. She also has a cousin who lives in Mumbai. Apart from that I couldn't find anything to clear my doubt. Maybe something like a childhood photo would work.

As I entered my cabin, she was seated on the chair. Hearing the sound of my approaching footsteps, she looked up and our eyes met. How does she manage to look so beautiful all the time? She was in her formals today. I can sense some mischief in her eyes. She's definitely up to something. 

She stood up from her chair and greeted me a good morning with a really cheerful smile which made me even more suspicious as she's always irritated when I'm around her. I smiled towards her and took my seat.

"What brought you here Ms. Rai?" I asked. The corner of her lips curled up.She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and said " Remember when you asked me if our encounter was co-incidence or fate?"  I raised an eyebrow and nodded " It was fate " She continued. I stood from my chair in shock. What is it about? Did she meet with an accident and injure her brain? 

" Excuse me? " I asked in a surprised tone. " Woah, calm down man! Get back to your seat." She said with a calm expression. " Pehle meri baat to sun lijiye phir kudiyega " She chuckled. I took a deep breathe and sat down. " Tell me. What is it about?" I asked.

Her lips curled up again and she said " I have a deal for you. I won't beat around the bush. So, let's get straight to the point." She adjusted herself into her seat and continued " Neither you nor I want to get married, but both our parents won't breathe without getting us married. So, here's a deal we can sign a marriage contract in which we'll stay with each other for a period of time say a year and then we'll get divorced. If our parents asked a reason, we'd tell them that it didn't work between us, we had different mindset blah blah blah. After that tum apne raste main apne raste. How does that sound? 

I was listening to her with a calm expression which was contrasting the storm arising inside me. I always lose my senses whenever she comes near me and here, she's asking me to stay with her and that also for a year. " And what if our parents ask for a remarriage ?" I asked. "We can act all depressed and become that ' Dil toota aashiq in front of them' who does not want to love again." She replied. " Listen, I'm always busy in my work you won't see me often and you can continue with your normal life. We just have to be like a lovey-dovey couple in front of the world. I'm not asking you to take a quick decision. You can take your time but reply me by tomorrow. I don't have much time to waste, and my uncle keeps sending me on those shitty dates. I want to end all this as soon as possible."