Co-incidence or fate?

And I will kiss every single scar on your body and soul to remind you that love doesn't have to hurt

Ginnie Bale

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Arey madam ji thodha ruk jaiye. I also don't want to get married any soon but thodhi baat cheet to kar sakte h and don't worry I'm not going to practise my observation skills again." I teased her. I'm here for a purpose and I'm not letting her go without fulfilling that purpose. She sighed and made herself comfortable. " So, tell me something about yourself." I began. " You can google it."She said while looking on the menu.

" Aakriti, I know neither you nor I wanted to be on this date but let's be polite to each other." I said in a calm tone. She was still looking at the menu. She has got really long eyelashes which are touching her cheeks. She's wearing a blue suit. She looks stunning today, even without any makeup. She moved her eyes towards me. Damn, those eyes have done something to me. Her eyes are the most beautiful yet the most vulnerable eyes I've ever seen.  For a moment, I saw a glimpse of that person Aakriti reminds me. 

She smiled lightly and said " Thik h, bataiye kya baat krni h". "It's impressive that despite spending your entire childhood abroad, you speak Hindi fluently." I said. I was trying to dig into her past. " Not entire childhood. I lived here before I turned 9", She said looking down. I hummed in response. " Ek second, how do you know about my schooling? " She asked looking suspicious. " I did some background search on you." I replied. "Why?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. " Oh, don't worry , I just wanted to know few things about you before our meeting" I said reassuring her. " You've got a lot of free time considering you did background search on me knowing none of us is willing to take this date further." She chuckled.

Her phone rang and she excused me to attend the call. I was carefully observing every action of her. That smile, those eyes, those curls. It has to be her. Once I find some solid proof about this, I'm not letting her go again.  After few minutes she came to me and said " I'm sorry Mr. Sharma but I'll have to leave. Work out some excuses to tell our respective parents and inform my secretary about the same. Here's her card." She said passing me the card. She left without even saying goodbye. Rude women. 

Now I really need to do a strong background check on her. My doubt is getting stronger.

At night,

Currently I'm sitting at a bar

Currently I'm sitting at a bar. Today I had a really shitty day. First, I had to meet Ruhaan, then my employees messed a really important project and when I went home my uncle taunted me for half an hour for ending the date in between because of my work. I rarely drink but the situation calls for it. Could this day possibly get any worse?

I drank my whiskey in one go and asked the bartender for a refill. I was lost in my own thoughts allowing alcohol to take me. A voice came from behind whose familiarity sent shivers down my spine " One scotch for me" He commanded to the waiter. " We meet again " He said and took a seat near me looking straight into my eyes. There's something strange in his gaze. It can look straight into someone's soul. He possesses the ability to peel away all the layers, leaving behind only the version of myself that I have concealed, even from my own awareness, for so long.

You must have guessed by now but in case you haven't the guy sitting beside me is RUHAAN SHARMA. Here's a piece of advice: never ask the universe questions you're not prepared to have answered, because as it turns out, the day can indeed become much worse...

I broke our eye contact and said " You are not stalking me. Are you? " He chuckled on my response and said " Miss, If I had to stalk you I'd have sent my men. I don't do these shitty things by myself." I raised an eyebrow and said "Then how is it possible to encounter you three times consecutively in three completely different locations?" The hotel where we first met is located in Delhi, and the restaurant where we met today is hours away from the bar where we are currently sitting. The only logical explanation here is that he is stalking me. He smirked leaning closer towards me his hand resting on the table and whispered " Co-incidence or perhaps fate?"  I chocked on my drink after listening to his nonsense. He smiled looking at me. " I don't believe in fate Mr. Sharma " I said after calming myself. Suddenly his phone rang and answered the phone.

" Hey Dad....One more date?....I told yo-......I'm busy Dad......ok listen.....fine bye dad!" He sighed and kept his phone in his pocket. " Your dad is determined to get you married " I said.  " He's same as my uncle." I continued. He sighed in frustration and answered " He won't let me breathe peacefully before I get married." 

" What's the problem get married then you look pretty old now I can notice the wrinkles beside your eyes " I teased him. He smirked and asked " Have you watched YJHD ( Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani)?. 

" Yes, Why?"

" There's one dialogue " Shaadi is Dal Chaawal for Pachaas Saal till you die ". That pretty much defines my condition. I'd get bored if I have to sleep with only one woman throughout my life"

I knew he was a jerk. I laughed sarcastically and said, " He chose Dal Chaawal at the end" He chuckled and said, " He chose but I won't." He then leaned closer towards me I could smell his scent. " Lekin mere paas aapke liye ek offer hai agar aap mere liye one time meal ban na pasand karengi to" He winked and moved back. " In your dreams" I said and got up from my chair. I could sense the meaning behind his words. I moved from there without even looking at him. I was already in a bad mood and he pissed me even more after showing up in the restaurant.

.

.

.

I was sitting on the passenger seat of my car looking outside the window. A message popped on my screen. It was my uncle. I opened the message. He is trying to send me on another date. I sighed and threw my phone on the other side and closed my eyes. He is also determined to get me married same like Ruhaan's dad. When I thought about this something clicked in my mind. I opened my eyes and sat straight. 

 Ruhaan does not want to get married .

I do not want to get married .

but both our parents are forcing us to get married

" Why I didn't thought about this before?" I mumbled while dialling Prerna.

" Hey dear" I said with an excited voice. " What now? You make me work my ass off in the office and now you don't let me sleep " She said in a sleepy voice. " Shut up, and now listen to me I have to draw a contract" As I explained her she got surprised and asked " Are you out of your mind?"

.

.

.

3 days later:

I was sitting in Ruhaan's cabin his PA told me to wait for him as he was in a meeting. After few minutes he entered in his cabin I stood up and said with a cheerful voice " Good Morning Mr. Sharma. " He took his seat and said " What brought you here Ms. Rai? " . I also took my seat. Prerna was standing behind me.

"Remember when you asked me if our encounter was co-incidence or fate" I said with a small smile on my lips . He made a questionable face and I continued " It was fate ". He stood up from his chair with a shocked expression

To be continued..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovelies, hope you liked the chapter. 

Don't forget to vote and comment