16

Rhines' memory was blank for a moment. After being stunned for a moment, the blanks were slowly filled in with the chirping of cicadas outside the window.

——August is his childhood sweetheart who grew up as a playmate.

The silver-haired boy was a few months younger than him and came from a village south of the Sok family. It's not too far from here, but Reines has never been to his house.

Memory told him so.

The two of them were like this when they first met. August probably thought that there was no one living on the third floor of the Earl's house that no one had been to for a long time, so he wanted to climb in and take a look.

Who knew that he happened to bump into Rhines getting up.

If Reines' gender could be changed, this would be a perfect beginning of a fairy tale. A poor boy from a peasant family meets a beautiful lady who is not valued by a noble family.

But the reality was obviously different from the story. The frightened Rhines almost hit August with a book.

Fortunately, August must have climbed many trees. Not only did he avoid the book, but he also jumped in and threatened his brother Rhines, who was two months older, by pressing him down on the table.

The somewhat shabby wooden table opposite Rhines was originally an expensive piece of furniture placed in the Earl's study. Now it can only be used to store some historical books in his room.

The fine carvings on it caused a lot of bruises on his back. August was later shocked by his delicate skin, and he never dared to do such a heavy hand to Reines again.

Nearly six years have passed since that day, and August has gone from a child who had to raise his hand to cover Reines to a teenager who now prefers to lean over and look at him with a smile. However, the aspect of climbing through windows to find people has not changed at all.

Rhines curled his lips and said, "Long time no see, August."

But the moment the cow cat under Rhines saw August, the fur on its back grew, and its mouth opened and two stars appeared. Teeth huffed at August.

It was obviously a kitten, but in an instant it was inspired to act like a predator.

Reines was startled and quickly held the cow cat's chest to stop it.

August's movements seemed to be lighter than that of Cat's, and he had already landed on the floor in two strokes.

"It still doesn't like me at all." August said this, but he didn't seem to be deterred at all. He raised his hand and tapped the tip of the cow cat's nose with his index finger.

"Meow!"

Rhines hurriedly hugged the outstretched paw of the cow cat with a thin blanket. "Cat, be good, stop making trouble."

Then he raised his head and looked at August, who was still reaching out to tease. , "Don't bully it."

August's fingertips paused.

Reines' voice couldn't be fierce. Before the shark bloodline had awakened, he was just an ordinary human being who was weaker than ordinary people.

So when he raised his chin slightly and warned August in a clear voice, there was an inexplicable sense of arrogance that made people feel comfortable.

It just makes people want to do whatever he says.

August narrowed his pupils subtly. He had never seen Reines like this before.

But if the memories he carved into Rhines really existed.

During the period after Rhines's mother died, there was someone who allowed him to relax completely without having to hide his guard.