24

.

The chain dragged heavily on the ground. Reines reluctantly raised his hand and nervously grabbed August's front, not daring to say a word. The corridors of this building were dark and long, as quiet as if there were no living creatures.

Rhines raised his head uneasily. From his angle, he could only see his high nose lines exposed outside the mask and his eyes hidden in the shadows.

There is a strange alienation.

He wanted to ask August where he was taking him, but now he could only keep his head raised and swallow in small steps to prevent saliva from flowing down.

His jaw was already a little sore, but what was even worse was that his mouth could only remain open. This look made Reines inexplicably ashamed.

Why do you wear this on yourself? So sad.

But Reines didn't dare to struggle and shout. All the rooms in the institute were tightly closed, making people feel like there was something behind them, as if they would be dragged in if they made the slightest sound to attract their attention.

——At least August won't hurt me.

He came to the institute to save me, and there should be a reason for him to do so now.

Rhines comforted himself in his heart, but he still couldn't help but swayed his calf in grievance, letting the chain hit August's arm.

The man holding him looked down, with helplessness and indulgence in his dark blue eyes.

But I don't know if it was Rhines's illusion. I always felt that there was some dark emotion buried deep in those eyes. He seemed to be... laughing?

However, when humans judge the meaning of facial expressions, they rely more than just their eyes. Rhines subconsciously thought that he had seen it wrong.

"Why did it take so long?"

Suddenly someone hurried from behind the two of them and asked with accusations in his words, "Did he resist?"

Reines was stunned for a moment before he realized the "him" in the researcher's mouth. It should be referring to myself.

August held him in his arms and said, "No, I wasted some time when I came here."

"Hurry up, it's ready inside."

After saying this, the researcher strode forward and opened the last door at the end of the corridor. The door is illuminated by alchemy artifacts. The five-meter-high dome is bright and spacious.

Reines subconsciously grabbed the cloth under his hand and looked at August in panic.

What is this going to do?

But the young man hiding under the black robe had no explanation.

"Reines, be good and you'll be fine."

The mask of the institute's uniform covered almost the bottom of his eyelids, ensuring that Reines would not see the faint scales on his cheeks.

The floor of the laboratory was white and shiny. Rhines thought it was completely empty at first, but when he came in, he discovered that it was just separated into several rooms by numerous glass-like baffles. Due to the special nature of the material, it looked like there was nothing there. Same.

No one spoke, and there was only a slight sound of metal clashing in the air.

Reines looked at all this and tensed slightly, but forgot that there was something in his mouth, and his lower lip felt slightly cold.