17

According to imperial law, soldiers are not allowed to enter the homes of nobles wearing armor and holding weapons, let alone more than fifty-six people like this, which is enough to break out a small-scale war.

Rhines unconsciously grasped the stone railing.

He didn't know why, but now he just stood on the third floor and looked down, feeling like he wanted to avoid it. Rhines felt very uncomfortable, and the source of this discomfort lay with the leader.

It was as if what was wrapped under his white robe was not a human body, but some filthy, viscous liquid condensed into a human shape with malice.

Rhines frowned and took two steps back. At the same time, whether intentionally or not, Opern raised his head and met his gaze accurately.

...At that moment, Reines was like a baby bird locked by a snake, and his young and white wings could not support his escape at all.

August was not in a hurry to help Reines revive his bloodline, as his little Silvertail's body was too weak. Rhines needed stimulation from the Mermaid Essence during his growth period, but August could not provide it until he recovered from his injury.

If he takes action rashly, Rhines may even become weak and die.

But Reines's innate sensitivity destined him to be naturally afraid of the cruel and bloodthirsty Kuroo among his own race even before he developed into a mermaid.

The more cunning black tail beside him carefully put away his breath every day, even though August tried to leave traces on Rhines countless times.

But Opern won't.

The sharks are originally apex predators with no natural enemies in the deep sea, and the talent of "stealth" does not exist in their instincts.

In just two days, the institute standing next to Opern could faintly smell an indescribable fishy aroma.

If Reines was a shark now, he would have stayed away from this "owned" place long ago. But now, Reines just couldn't help but feel uncomfortable.

The assistant researcher didn't understand what O'Pern was looking at when he raised his head. Following his line of sight, he only saw a bit of golden color that quickly retracted, like a frightened canary.

"Your Excellency?"

...

Opern's fingers hanging by his side moved imperceptibly.

My heart felt like it was being grabbed.

The assistant came forward and reminded in a low voice, "The man above is Reines Sok, the illegitimate son of Earl Sok. Do you need someone to capture him too?"

"...Don't worry about him, go ahead and bring him down, Herbert Sok." "

The assistant immediately responded and turned to the soldiers behind him, "You two come up."

The moment Rhines closed the door on the third floor, his heart felt cold for no reason.

At this moment, two soldiers who were about to go upstairs were stopped by a spear.

Opern looked over coldly, and saw Count Sock rushing towards him angrily, accompanied by the butler and several guards.

"Kick them all out! I'm going to write to Lord Kenley about this now. O'Pern, just wait and go to jail!"

"You have insulted me and my family over and over again. , I want the parliament to sentence you to death!"

Earl Sock was really angry and roared so loudly that the whole house could hear it.