74

According to the current inheritance law in the Southeast Continent, women's inheritance rights can only be placed behind all male heirs. In other words, if Duchess Cobo did not prepare a dowry for Selina, she would not get a penny.

All the Cobo family's shop land, real estate and bank deposits will become the property of her brother Nieman.

Selina looked at the manor in the distance, where she had lived for more than ten years. A few days ago, she left here, filled with resentment. She kept planning in her mind how she could become the wife of the richest duke in the empire.

And now that she is back, she only hopes to get the family's seal and ask the temple to bring her back to Rhines.

Selena closed her eyes hard, lifted up her skirt and walked inside.

The housekeeper who had taken care of her for more than ten years heard the noise and ran out of the house to greet her, but Selina didn't say a word to him and ran directly to the second floor.

She didn't want to care about the messy things in this family at all, she just wanted to bring Rhines back as soon as possible.

"Miss, Miss, please don't go up first." The housekeeper hurriedly followed, "Madam..."

Selena suddenly turned around and asked the housekeeper, "Is Niman in there?"

She didn't want to see her at all. New brother".

The housekeeper was stunned, with a look of embarrassment on his face, "No, the young master is not here."

"What kind of young master is he!" Selena retorted.

The housekeeper knew what Niman had done, so it was hard to refute Selina. But what needs to be explained must be explained clearly, "No, the young master has not come back. But miss, madam's mental state has been a bit... bad these past two days."

...

"...I know." Selena habitually said He slightly raised his chin and replied coldly, stepped on the stairs with his heels, and walked towards the first room on the second floor.

Similar to the structure of Cyril's manor, almost all the studies in the duke's manor are on the third floor, so that the precious parchments will not be dampened by moisture. As Duchess, Lady Cobb should also be there to handle family matters.

But if Selina guessed correctly, her mother had not been up there for a long time.

Selena strode to the door, knocked twice irritably, and then pushed it open, "Mother."

"Pa!"

Almost at the same moment, a white porcelain cup with a gold rim hit Selena's foot. The edge broke into several pieces and said, "Don't come in!"

Selina froze on the spot, staring at the Duchess who was staring at the door in horror. .

Selina originally thought that her mother was afraid of Niman coming back, but if it was Niman, why would Mrs. Cobo show a frightened expression.

Is she afraid of something...?

"Why are you back?" Mrs. Cobo held her hand on the bed, confronting Selina like a beast encountering another invader.

There was no trace of love for her daughter in her eyes.

Fear and absurdity made Selena stand there, thinking quickly about the reasons in her mind.

Before Rhines left home, Duchess Cobo actually had a slight mental problem. Over the years, the condition slowly worsened.

For example, her insomnia became more and more serious. Every time Selena went to see her, she would find her mother looking at the things left by her father in a daze. She would cry, get angry inexplicably, smash things, and yell.

When Selina doesn't calm her down, Mrs. Cobb goes looking for trouble with Cyril.

But after Niman came back, Mrs. Cobo's problems miraculously improved.

--Until Nieman's creditors came to visit.

Selena took a step forward, "Are the people from the casino and racecourse here again? How much does Neiman want this time?"

"..."

Selena's question was like breaking a stone on the ice. Duchess Beau's thin figure trembled.

"Selena?" She seemed to be talking in her sleep. She raised her hand and wiped her face vigorously. She recognized her daughter belatedly, "Oh, it's you, it's you."

Selena once loved her very much. Mother, just like Laines. But in the past few years, Duchess Cobo's indulgence towards Nieman has worn away her family affection.

So at this time, she just stepped forward and asked coldly, "Did the creditor come to the door again?"

"...No, no." Mrs. Cobo said intermittently, she trimmed her hair, "Why are you back? "

...

Selena stared at her mother with suspicious eyes, and then slowly withdrew her eyes. "I need a family crest to go to the temple to prove my identity."

She said as she walked forward.

From Selena's point of view, this is not a complicated matter, and Reines is still in Cyril's hands. She had to hurry.

So the princess decided to get past her mother and get it herself.

Who knew that after Mrs. Cobo's reaction for two seconds, she suddenly burst into a scream.

"How can you go to the temple!"

Selina was shocked.

Mrs. Cobb grabbed her arm as if offended, "How could you go there!"

?

Selina looked at her blankly and irritably, with fire starting in her heart. When she thought about the woman in front of her who had once been gentle and charming, and who was resolute in family affairs, and now looking at her now, because Neiman had turned into a crazy woman, Selina could no longer bear it.

He directly threw off Mrs. Cobo's shackles and pushed the person back hard.

"What on earth do you want to do?! Do you know how much available funds the Cobo family still has? Do you want to sleep on the street this Christmas?!"

Selena felt a sour heat in front of her eyes, " You might as well die with Niman."

This is probably the cruelest thing Selena has ever said, but she is indeed telling the truth. If the Cobo family's manor and all the shop land were taken back and auctioned to repay debts, then she and Mrs. Cobo would be driven to the slums.

For noble women like them, losing their status and the protection of servants in that place would definitely make life worse than death.

Selina waved her away, reached out and started rummaging through Duchess Cobo's jewelry box.

Her mother usually placed the engraving here.

The gesture that was originally filled with jewels was already somewhat empty, and Selena felt tears falling on her hands.

But Duchess Cobo didn't let her go. The woman grabbed her sleeve as if she was really crazy, "You can't go to the temple, you can't go to the temple, I don't allow you to go to the temple! Did you hear that? "

Get out!" Selina waved the row of velvet jewelry boxes on her hand to the ground.

It was like this before. She wanted to find a doctor for her mother, but Mrs. Cobo threatened her with death, saying that if Selina dared to tell others about her mental problem, she would die in the manor.

Later, Niemann harasses Miss Madame in the city, and Selina wants to go to the Sheriff. Mrs. Cobb remained as she was now, with a bitter and bitter look on her face to force her to give up. If she could take good care of Nieman at that time, how could he be so reckless as to gamble heavily.

Selina is going crazy. If she stays here any longer, she will become the second Mrs. Cobo.

"I'm telling you." Selina calmed her throat. She pointed at Mrs. Cobo with red eyes, "Starting from tomorrow, I will never appear in front of you again. I will stay with Rhines forever." Stay away from here forever."

"You can fight all of Niman's debts with him."

After saying this, Selena felt relaxed.

She sacrificed her rhinestone for a lunatic and a gambler? Why?

"...No--!!!"

Mrs. Cobo almost jumped up and threw herself on Selena.

"What are you doing?!" Selena backed away in shock, but there was a table behind her and she couldn't escape at all.

The next moment, she was thrown to the ground by Mrs. Cobo. The woman gritted her teeth tightly, her face full of inexplicable cruelty and fear, and she didn't care whether Selena's delicate palms would be scratched.

She grabbed it.

Then he got up like an animal and backed away quickly.

More than forty years of aristocratic education was not visible in her at this time.

Selena watched helplessly as her mother shook her head and backed away, "No, you can't go to the temple...you can't go to the believers of the God of Light..."

Selena only felt like she was being crushed under a stone. A shrimp struggling in vain.

She shed tears and stood up, "Give it back to me."

The mother and daughter were separated by a small distance, but they seemed like enemies.

"Can't...can't go..."

"I said - give it back to me!"

Selina yelled as if to vent her anger. She grabbed two books on the shelf and threw them to the ground without even looking at them.

But this room had not been taken care of for too long, and Selina caused a row of books to collapse and stagger to the ground.

The housekeeper, who had been on tenterhooks for a long time, hurried up and prepared to break up the fight.

He stood awkwardly at the door, not knowing whether to speak.

Selena lowered her head, her eyes narrowed in one place. After a moment, this aristocratic girl who had hardly experienced any hardship slowly said, "Go down and close the door."

The duchess over there was still holding the seal, not knowing what she was saying.

Selina raised her voice quickly, "Hurry up!"

"Okay, okay, miss."

The housekeeper quickly followed the instructions, thinking about what kind of job she wanted to change.

At the last moment when the door closed, he saw Selina leaning over and picking up a black book from the ground.

Then she stood up slowly, staring at the cover without blinking as if she was very interested in the content of the book.

The wooden door closed with a click.

Selina raised the black, worn-out black book in her hand, which smelled of unspeakable rust, to her face, her voice was terrifyingly low.

"What is this?"

"Can't go...can't go to the temple..."

Selina took back her hand and flipped through it twice quickly, her mind going blank -

this was a book about summoning demons.

Various gory drawings are drawn with black charcoal on the brittle paper, enough to give people nightmares at night.

...

Selena knelt down and found something related to dark faith from a pile of messy books with precise eyes.

She squatted among a pile of parchment scrolls and black books, and after a long time she raised her head to look at Mrs. Cobb. Her voice was cold and clear, cutting through the animal's skin and flesh like a blade and removing every capillary blood vessel.

"You don't allow me to go to the temple because you did something according to the instructions here, right?"

At this moment, Niman suddenly returned, Cyril with red eyes and black hair, and the demon appeared inexplicably on Reines. The tattoos were like three needles poking at Selena's sensitive nerves.

"You -" Selina suppressed her breath, then suddenly smiled, and then tears fell, "Let me guess, mother. You knew Cyril was not your child a long time ago, so you

"You want to get back Niman, so you did some rituals like this, right?"

Selina pressed her fingers on the parchment so hard that they turned white, "I'm right . No!"

...

The room suddenly became quiet.

Mrs. Cobo looked at her blankly, her expression suddenly filled with fear, "Devil! Demon! You are the devil!"

The chatter in Selina's ears turned into a scream, but she couldn't hear anything now. I just want to cry.

What's going on?

Selina squatted blankly for a while, then stood up suddenly, "Tell me, which ritual is it? What did you do to Rhines? What's going on with Cyril now? Tell me!"

Any ritual is What can be accessed is only the size of the price.

If Reines and Cyril are in their current state because of Mrs. Cobo, then Selina must first find the ritual, and then go to the temple for help, and everything can be over.

Mrs. Cobb burst into tears.

Selina said one word at a time, "If you can't speak properly, I will call the doctor immediately, put you in a mental hospital, and then find someone to kill Nieman.

No one will have an easy time."

At the same time, Xi Reil Manor, Rhines was the only one in the room.

The setting sun outside the window reflected the sky into a beautiful orange-red color, and also added a small spot of light in Rhine's blue eyes.

Rhines hugged the quilt and looked at it for a while, then slowly stood up.

Cyril is really... considerate.

Reines closed his eyes unwilling to admit it. He was clean and had put on new pajamas. He even took the initiative to go out when he found Reines pretending to sleep out of shame.

In the whole thing, except for asking him to use... in exchange for asylum, Cyril didn't do anything extraordinary.

It's all Selena and Reines' fault.

It's his own fault.

The heat in Reines' ears has not subsided since just now. He does not feel shame, only guilt. He couldn't tell whether Cyril really liked him or was tempted by him.

After all, it seemed like he really had become a succubus.

The young man in the mirror still has long blonde hair like the sun, and eyes as blue as the ocean or the sky. This is the holiest color in the southeastern continent.

Rhines' expression was dazed and fragile. Cyril's pajamas hung loosely on his shoulders, and his exposed skin was covered with red marks.

He is like a blasphemed god or an angel trapped in a lair.

Reines turned his face forcefully and covered his forehead.

There, he could feel two small bumps, which were the little devil horns that were about to grow out.

Reines gritted his teeth and lifted up his clothes. Although his understanding of demons was limited to ancient books, he could probably feel that all the changes in his body came from the magic lines on his lower abdomen. If this place was cut off-

"Reines."

Cyril's voice sounded from behind.

Rhines froze, put his shirt back on, turned around, and wanted to go back to bed.

A chuckle sounded from behind, and someone caught up with him and stretched out his hand to hug him.

Rhines felt as if he had a large canine, struggling slightly as he stood up to hug himself.

"Let go."

Cyril put his hand on Rhines' waist, "Want to cut this place off?"