Casual

"Buck, don't make me use my key!" Eddie has been knocking on Buck's door for about two minutes. There was never any answer, verbal or otherwise, but he can hear the quiet sound of crying on the other side of the door. It is becoming more obvious that the only way he's getting in is with his key, but he wanted some kind of sign from Buck that it was okay to come in. He wouldn't give it to him, so he decides that he has to do what he has to do. "Okay, I'm coming in!" He walks in and doesn't see Buck at first, then he turns the corner and sees him on the couch, crying. "What the hell is wrong with you. You haven't answered your phone in two days. I was worried about you." He sounds stern, but still caring.

"Well, you're the only one." He says, sitting up, wiping the tears from his own face. Eddie just looks down at him with confusion. "He broke up with me Eddie..."

Eddie quickly sits next to him. His eyes are filled with concern. "What do you mean? Why the hell would he do that?" Eddie couldn't think of a single reason why anyone would ever want to leave Buck. They were just friends, and even he never wanted to leave his side.

"I told him I loved him, and he told me he loved someone else. Four months... four months, Eddie, and he loved someone else the whole damn time." A few more tears fall down his face as he speaks.

"Oh Buck... come here." He opens his arms and buck falls back into them. He leans back and lays down. Buck follows him. "I'm sorry that happened."

"I thought that when I found this part of myself... When I realized I was bi, I thought it would make everything magically better. I thought it explained why I have been so bad in relationships in the past. Not that girls weren't enough, but if you aren't being fully yourself, you're never going to be good in a relationship, and I was never being fully myself. Now that I am... I thought it would be easier, but every relationship I've had since, with a guy or a girl, has all gone to shit. Maybe I'm just not meant for love, Eddie."

"Do not say that Buck... this isn't your fault. It was out of your control. Even if it wasn't... I know you've been out for four years, and that can feel like a long time, but it's okay to still be figuring things out, navigating this whole thing. You are meant for love, you deserve love, Buck."

"You really think so." Buck looks up at Eddie, and his heart skips a beat.

"Yeah... I do..." He looks up because he can't stand staring into his eyes. He couldn't figure out exactly why though. "Besides, who needs stupid boyfriends or girlfriends when you've got me. When we've got each other."

"We do..." His hand slowly slides over Eddie's, pushing it open so he laces their fingers together. "Don't we..."

Eddie could feel his own heart beating out of his chest. He lets it happen for a moment as Buck rubs his thumb over the side of his hand. Then Eddie takes his hand back away, afraid of what he might do if he didn't. None of it made sense. Why was he having these feelings about Buck from just a simple hand hold?

Eddie clears his throat. "Yeah."

Buck sits up a little and turns to face Eddie. "Thank you, Eddie." He leans in, wrapping his arms around him. When Eddie hugs him back, he collapses into his arms.

Eddie breaths slowly while holding him. He lets his grip tighten just a bit on his waist, trying to hold him closer, which at this point was impossible. "No problem, Buck."

When Buck eventually pulls away, he doesn't go far. He keeps his arms around the back of Eddie's neck. Their faces are close together. Buck's breathing becomes heavy while he stares into Eddie's eyes. He slowly leans in till Eddie can feel his breath on his lips. He parts his lips just a little for Buck. When their lips finally connect, Eddie feels as though his soul begins to melt. He had never felt this way before. Why had he never felt this way before?