I Love You, I Love you, I Love You

Eddie really just wants to lay there and watch Buck for a moment, but he knows if Buck wakes up to see he's awake and that he didn't wake him up, he'll be mad. He'll probably get shit for it for the rest of their lives. "Buck... Buck..." He tries to shake his hand a bit, but he almost feels too weak. He trails his thumb over it a bit. "Buck... Hey Buck..." He's trying not to be too loud. It's quiet so he can only assume it's the middle of the night. "Buck..." He says it a little louder and he finally opens his eyes a bit.

He looks surprised, then he immediately sits up. "Shit, you're awake." He's smiling so much. "I... I need to call Chris." He takes out his phone and Eddie is... surprised? He's awake and the first thing Buck wants to do is call Chris?

"Seriously?"

"Yeah." He doesn't even look up at him to answer.

"It's the middle of the night, you aren't waking up my son."

"Sorry, I'm going to have to override you on this one. The only way he'd let Sophia take him home to sleep in his own bed is if I promised to call him the minute you woke up. I'm not breaking my promise to Chris."

Eddie smiles as he lifts his phone to his ear. He managed to find the most perfect man on earth. Even more miraculous than that, he managed to get that same guy to fall for him.

"Hey Bud- Yeah... yeah, he's awake... I uhh, yeah, I can give him the phone." He holds the phone up to his ear. Eddie grabs it from him, brushing over his hand as he takes it.

"Hey... No, don't wake your aunt. You guys can come see me in the morning... I'm not alone, I've got Buck here. You know that 'cause you called his phone..." Eddie laughs as he looks at Buck. He smiles back at him. "Please get some sleep, okay? I love you Chris... Bye." He hangs up the phone and hands it to Buck. There is a moment of awkward silence. Neither of them are quite sure what to say.

"Eddie, I-"

"Oh my God, please tell me you didn't read those."

"What?" Buck turns back to see what Eddie is looking at. It's the folder of crumpled papers behind him. "No... I didn't open it. Sophia said it'd make me feel better, but she also said you probably wouldn't want me to open it. I thought I'd let you tell me what to do with it. Sounds like you don't want me to open it."

"I'd really prefer it if you didn't."

"Okay, I won't..." There is another long bout of silence between them. Buck wants to ask him, but he just woke up. Maybe now isn't the time, but he can't think of anything else to say. "Eddie I... I understand if you don't want to talk about this, so you can tell me to shut up if you want but I... Eddie, before you... when you... you said something to me, and I understand if you don't remember or if you only said it because of the circumstances... I understand if you still aren't ready..." He hasn't been able to look him in the eyes the whole time. He's been looking around the room, slowly letting his own eyes fill with tears.

"Buck..." He reaches out and places his hand on the side of his face, asking him to look at him with just a simple touch. "I know what I said, and I meant it. God, I think I meant it more than anything I've ever said in my entire life." The look on Buck's face softens, his entire body relaxes. "You really didn't read those letters, did you?" He lets out a soft laugh.

"I didn't." A tear falls down his face and Eddie wipes it away with his thumb, then he drops his hand.

"Come sit with me." He gestured to the other side of the bed with his head.

"There is barely enough room for you on that bed."

"I don't care. I want you here, and I just took two bullets for you, so I think you have to do whatever I ask for a while."