Permanent

"You almost ready, Baby?" Buck says, already standing by the door. He feels like jumping up and down from excitement, but he's still trying to hide what's going on from Eddie.

"Mhm. You still not telling me where we're going?" He grabs his jacket and puts it on.

"Nope. You'll see when we get there." Buck grabs the opening of Eddie's jacket to pull him in close and give him a kiss. "Just get in the truck."

"We're taking the truck?"

"Mhm."

"And you're driving?"

"I'm the only one who knows where we're going. Yes, I'm driving."

"Okay, but why are we taking the truck?"

"You'll see when we get there, Baby. Just get in the damn truck."

"Fine, fine." He walks out the door and heads to the truck as Buck locks the door before joining him.

"Can you give me a hint?" Eddie asks again the second Buck closes the truck door.

"No. It's not going to take us long. You just need to be patient."

"You're lucky I love you."

About five minutes away, Eddie thinks he knows where they're going, and one minute away, he's sure. "Why are we going to your old apartment?"

"Jesus, Baby. You'll see in literally a minute. Buck rests his hand on Eddie's."

"Did you forget something there?"

"No, now please stop asking questions."

"I know you're bad at lying. Eventually if I say something correct, you'll crack, and I'll know."

"Thirty seconds. It's all you have. You aren't going to crack me in that time... You're cute when you get like this." He smiles as he stares ahead at the road.

"I'm just happy, okay? I like it when you surprise me."

"To be fair... it's not really my surprise."

"What the hell does that mean?"

Buck pulls into the parking lot. "You'll see when we get up there." He parks the truck and looks over at Eddie who is actively rolling his eyes. "You're acting like me, ya know?"

"Well, you're acting like me, and I drive you crazy."

"Only in the best way possible. Now do you wanna go up or not?"

"Yes, I'm dying to know what they hell you... or whoever's surprise this is, is hiding up there."

"Then let's go." He gets out of the truck and Eddie follows him. They head up the stairs and reach the door. Buck lifts his hand to knock.

"You're going to knock at your own apartment?"

"Not my apartment anymore." He drops his hand. If Eddie really wants to have this conversation, it's okay with him. It's just delaying his surprise.

"I thought you still had the lease."

"I did, but I made... a deal with my landlord. Now can I knock on the door or?"

Eddie nods impatiently as if Buck was the one stalling. Buck lifts his hand to knock again. "Come in!"

"Is that-" Eddie is cut off when Buck opens the door. "Sophia!" He runs in and hugs his sister. "Oh my God. Are you moving in here?"

"Yes, I am... I knew you'd be excited, but I didn't think you'd be this excited." She hugs him back as tight as she can. "Actually... we're moving in here." She pulls back and Eddie gives her a knowing look. "Jazzy is out getting some food. She should be back in a little bit." Eddie smiles at her, then she looks past him to Buck and runs up to him. "Buckley!" She wraps her arms around him, and he does the same in return.