Intentions

"You're still going to scold me about this aren't you." Buck knows what's coming the minute Hen walks up to him.

"You're still with him?"

"Yes."

"Then yes, I'm going to talk to you about it, but my intention isn't to scold."

"Well it sure feels like that when all anyone tells me is that it's a bad idea." He still worries tht Eddie is struggling. If he had one person who supported him, one person who was just happy for him, maybe he would worry less.

"If you gave me a reason to believe things were different, then maybe I wouldn't say it's a bad idea."

"Things are changing this time. Can't anyone just trust my judgment?"

"Not when it comes to love Buck. You open your heart so much you become blind to people's flaws. Not just your romantic partners, but your friends. I bet you couldn't think of one bad thing to say about me, or Bobby, or Chim, or Maddie, or Ravi, and you sure as hell don't have anything bad to say about Eddie. If you can't say anything bad about your friends, I know you sure as hell won't say anything bad about the guy you're in love with." Why does she have to separate Eddie? No one even knows they are together, yet it's widely accepted that they are just different.

"You don't trust me, that's one bad thing about you."

"Nice try, but I can tell you didn't even mean that. Even when you're mad at me, you have nothing bad to say."

"Fine, but I still think things are going to be different this time."

"Do any of his friends even know who you are? Do they know you're his boyfriend?"

"I... he doesn't want to call me his boyfriend." Hen is the one person he can't lie to about this. He wants her to be happy for him, but it won't be real unless she knows the truth.

"Oh my God, Buck. Do you hear yourself? He's got you lying to everyone but me and Maddie. He has you lying to Eddie. That's how I know it's bad."

"I could tell Eddie if I wanted."

"Bullshit. You're telling me you've been lying to your best friend this whole time because you want to. I don't believe that. You're not telling him because you know he's going to say exactly what I'm saying."

"I doubt that." Buck has to try to not laugh. The idea of Eddie telling him to break it off with him is kind of funny... and kind of heart breaking. It's easier to find it funny.

"You wanna test that? He's right there."

"Hen, I-"

"No, we're telling him. Maybe you'll actually listen to him when he says this is a bad idea." Hen starts dragging him. As far as she knows, no one in Buck's life knows who this guy is but Maddie. She's not outing anyone by simply sharing the situation.

Buck has avoided telling Hen that Eddie knows. If she knew that he knew, she would talk to him about it. Eddie would be forced to sit there and listen to one of his closest friends tell him what a piece of shit he is.

"Eddie."

"Yeah?" He looks up from his phone.

"Buck is seeing someone."

Eddie looks back and forth between the two of them, Buck just nods slightly.

"I know."

"You told me he didn't know." Hen looks to Buck. She still has a tight grip on his arm.

"I said that months ago. He knows now."

"What do you think about this guy, Eddie?" She finally drops Buck.