The Haze

"You left me all alone in bed."

Eddie turns around and sees Buck with a genuinely sad look on his face. He's tired and leaning in the doorway and he just looks... adorable. "I got up to do the dishes, but it looks like someone already did them for me."

Buck closes his eyes as he leans his head on the wall. "Yeah. I was trying to stop myself from going to your room last night. I ended up doing them."

"Well that worked out well."

"I think it worked out pretty well... If you really want, I can eat some cereal or something and you can wash the bowl if that would make you feel better."

"You can't even open your eyes."

"I can eat with my eyes closed."

"Yeah?"

Buck can hear Eddie's voice get a little closer, then he feels his arms wrap around him. He opens his eyes. "Good morning, Baby." He puts his hands on the side of his face, then slips them back into his hair. He presses his lips to Eddie's, taking a deep breath as he does it. He pulls away only for a second before he feels like he needs more. This time he slips his tongue into his mouth. Eddie doesn't give him any resistance; he just copies his movements as he pulls him in closer.

"Yeah... good morning." He leans back in and keeps kissing him. God, he missed just kissing Buck in his kitchen. There is something that feels so... domestic about it, which they haven't allowed themselves to have lately, but with the rules they've already broken, the lines are beginning to get hazy. The haze has never felt so clear. Eddie needs to find a way to have this all the time.

He has a way; all he needs is to do it. After all the bad he's done though, he needs to do it right. He can't just tell Buck he's ready, even if he has decided he is... What he can do right now is enjoy what he has as he works out his plan.

He reaches one hand up into Buck's hair, then tugs till his head is tilted back. He leans down and begins gently kissing along his jaw. He kisses all the way back till he's right beneath his ear. He gently bites it, then Buck laughs... he's laughing?

"Did you just bite my ear?" He keeps laughing. Just the sound of it puts a smile on Eddie's face. He's happy it's there to hide his embarrassment.

"Did you not like it?"

"I... I think it was very... cute."

"Cute? I wasn't going for cute."

"I'm sorry, Baby, but you can't go from gentle kisses to biting my ear, and expect me not to find it cute." Buck gets a smirk. "Now if you were to lean in..." His voice gets quieter the closer he gets. "And whisper something sexy like... You were so fucking good last night, Baby..." The words alone send a shiver up his spine, and the light graze of Buck's teeth on his ear after only intensifies it. "And then bite my ear... or if you spent a little more time building up to it..." He leans down a bit more to kiss his neck. He starts off gentle, then his tongue flicks out every once and a while as he kisses his way up. By the time he gets right below his ear, he's lightly biting him, then he bites his ear. He pulls back and sees Eddie is blushing. He's proud of himself.

"I hate you." A laugh slips out as the awe falls from his face and is replaced with a smile.

"No, you don't, Baby." He smiles back. Eddie just shakes his head at him. "I need some coffee." He walks away from him, leaving Eddie still halfway in shock. He has to shake himself from it to turn and look in the direction Buck went.

"What's going on with you this morning? You're usually the morning person." Nearly falling asleep leaning on the wall, and now needing coffee so immediately?