Smile

"That was a really good movie, Baby." Buck grabs Eddie's hand and presses it to his lips.

"Yeah, it was. A lot better than if Sophia had been there to tell us everything that was wrong with it."

"Yeah, I think it would be strange if we brought your sister on our date."

"That's not what I meant, and you know it." He glances at Buck before flicking his eyes back on the road. All he got time to take in was the huge smile on his face, but that's more than enough. "Hey... are you hungry?"

"Yeah. I mean I ate a whole bunch of popcorn, but I can always go for some real food. You're hungry?"

"Yeah, starving."

"What were you thinking?"

"I don't know, maybe Italian. There is a restaurant right down the road."

"I've got a better idea. How about I show you how to make some pasta? It's been a minute since I've taught you something new."

"Buck... I'm trying to take you out to a restaurant."

"Is that the only reason you asked?"

"No... I just wanted Italian and I wanted to sit down and eat with you."

"Eddie, I see how much you're trying. I'd love to go on a date to a restaurant with you some time, but we just got done with a movie date. I'm kind of done being out for the day. If you want pasta, we can make pasta at your house."

"Okay... as long as you know I was asking because I wanted to go out with you... not because I was trying to prove anything." They just got done with a public date that went well, Eddie has the confidence right now to try another. He's worried if he gives it too much time, we won't anymore, and he'll have to build it all up again. Eddie wants to go out with Buck. He doesn't want to wait, but he understands being done for the day.

"I know, Baby. I'm glad you like me enough to try and take me out more than once in one day."

"I like you a whole lot more than that even... So, you're going to teach me how to make pasta?"

"Yeah. It's simple. I mean at least the pasta part. Depending on what other stuff you want in it, it can get pretty complicated to make the whole thing from scratch. We should probably stop by the store to get whatever we want to put in it."

"I thought you were done being out for the day." Eddie teases as he squeezes Buck's hand.

"I can do a 15-minute store trip." Buck shakes his head.

"Yeah... okay. Let's go."

"Just us?" Buck asks as soon as they reach the kitchen. It's odd to not see anyone else in the house.

"Yeah, Sophia is out shooting for whatever movie thing her friend is making, and Chris is back at school." Eddie doesn't have to tell Buck Chris is at school. He's always around and Chris has been back for a week now. Hell, he was there when he took him on the first day.

"I can't believe he's already in high school." Buck begins putting away the groceries they got, and Eddie starts helping.

"I know, I feel like I'm getting old."

"You are getting old." He bumps Eddie as he puts something into the refrigerator.

"Hey, be careful there. I'm only a year older than you. If I'm getting old, then you're getting old."

"No, I've still got a year."

"I hate you." He shakes his head. Suddenly Buck is behind him, wrapping his arms around him.