CHAPTER 33- SHOPPING & FATHERHOOD

"Okay, let's see!" Naruto said, observing Hinata's handwritten list. He was taken aback by how pretty her handwriting was.

"What do you think, Sarada? What should we get first?" Naruto asked as he held Sarada in his arms, who was fidgeting with the paper.

"You like that paper? That's cool... as long as you don't eat it," Naruto chuckled nervously, caressing her soft face.

"What are you doing, usuratonkachi?" Sasuke appeared from behind, looking over his shoulder and meeting his daughter's eyes in Naruto's arms.

"Hey! Don't call me a loser in front of your daughter!" Naruto pouted, pulling Sarada closer to his chest.

"Anyways, here..." Naruto said, handing Sarada carefully over to Sasuke.

"Just follow me as I buy the stuff, alright?"

"Hn."

The duo browsed around in the shop, searching for the items on Hinata's list. Surprisingly, Sarada behaved very well, perhaps because of Naruto's presence.

"Aren't you on your best behavior right now?" Sasuke smiled warmly as he kissed his daughter's forehead. She slowly opened her soft eyes, meeting a pair of onyx eyes similar to hers.

"She's up?" Naruto asked, holding a stack of diapers in his hand.

"Hn," Sasuke replied, glancing back at Naruto.

"What are you holding? Is that for you?"

"T-teme, don't say that out loud! Are you trying to embarrass me!?" Naruto stomped his feet, frowning at him.

"It's for my son, obviously!" Naruto pouted as he put the diapers into the cart. They proceeded to the checkout, where they were met by a cashier who couldn't take her eyes off Sasuke. As they stood in line, Naruto couldn't shake off her stare.

"Oi, teme, she's been staring at you for hours now," Naruto whispered.

"Who?"

"The lady—the one in the weird dre—"

"Asked," Sasuke glared at him, and Naruto gulped.

"H-how did Sakura-chan even marry you!" he whispered, frustrated. It was now their turn to check out.

"Hello there!" the cashier greeted cheerfully, her eyes fixed on Sasuke.

"Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

"No, this is it," Sasuke replied coldly, placing the items on the counter.

"Wow, you have such a cute daughter," she remarked, batting her eyelashes.

"And you're quite handsome yourself."

Sasuke's expression remained stoic. "Thank you." he said flatly, not even making eye contact.

The cashier continued to scan the items, trying to engage Sasuke further.

"So, are you new around here? I don't think I've seen you before."

"No," Sasuke replied, his tone clipped.

Naruto watched the exchange with a mix of amusement and awkwardness, trying to stifle his laughter.

"Do you often shop here?" she persisted, clearly not deterred by Sasuke's cold demeanor.

"No," Sasuke said again, his patience wearing thin.

The cashier's smile faltered slightly, but she tried one last time.

"Well, if you ever need anything, feel free to ask for me. My name's Aiko," she said, leaning forward slightly.