What's an Arcade?

Hiya Folks!! This here oneshot was requested by an amazing reader. Thank you!!!

_______

It's a bright and shiny day. It's a day ripe for activity. Especially for a boy who plays Baseball. Unfortunately, this boy isn't very enticed to play Baseball. This boy, being Ness. Instead of being out there. Instead of having the sun beating down on him...he's sitting in bed. A tub of vanilla ice cream and a large spoon that is really teetering on the line of just being a ladle.

He's just eating ice cream as he watches some random show from Disney. About a pair of twins being on a cruise ship. That's when he hears a few knocks at the front door. He doesn't react to it though.

"Ness, get the door!!!" His Mom yells at him from a different room in the house.

"No!!" Ness barks back.

"Now!!!" Ness rolls his eyes and puts the ice cream down. He slumps himself off the bed and walks out of his room. He walks with a bit of a slump to his shoulders. He's also got bags under his eyes and the skin around his eyes is strained.

He opens the door up to see a boy standing there. The boy is shorter and thinner than him. He's got some blond hair and blue eyes. This boy also has this wide smile on his face.

"G'Morning. I just moved in next door–" the boy is cut off by the door slamming shut in front of his face. Ness doesn't care about this boy. Why should he? He doesn't matter. Ness is about to turn around and leave, but the moment he looks back, he sees his mom. She's crossing her arms and has the classic "Mom" look.

"How could you do that?" She steps past Ness and opens the door up with a smile. "Hi there, sorry about him, he's got a bit of an attitude," she says as she motions down at her son. Ness just stands there, with his arms crossed. He knows that if he leaves to go to his room, his Mom would give him that same look. Which he swears has this hypnotic feel about it.

"It's ok, Ma'am."

"So, you said you moved in next door?" The boy nods his head and points over at the house that is on the right of Ness's house.

"Quite the upgrade from my old house, that's for sure," He laughs softly. Ness's Mom looks in the direction and allows herself to think. She knows what that house is. What it's for. And especially, why kids would move into there. And now, she feels a little sad.

"Good for you, now get back there, will ya?" Ness aggressively orders. Lucas looks back and gulps.

"S-sorry, I just...I wanted to get to know my neighbors."

"Wherever you're from, we don't do that around here. Just skedaddle back to–"

"NESS!!" Ness's Mom yells at him, causing the two boys to flinch and look up at her. "No need to be rude. You're giving a bad first impression."

"Good. It'll teach him to stay away from me." He crosses his arms and walks off. Ness's Mom is left to sigh before looking back at the boy.

"I'm so sorry about him. He's...going through something right now."

"No worries, ma'am. We all go through something sometimes," he says with that same bright smile. Ness's Mom is left to look back at the house on the right.

"Yeah...I can tell." She shakes her head and steps aside. "Come in, come in. We were just about to have dinner."

"You sure?"

"Of course I am. Come on." The boy smiles and steps in. After they close the front door, the boy is led over to the kitchen table. Ness's Mom tells him to relax there for a moment as she has to finish the actual food. But it doesn't take long before she does. And it's just a simple all american burger.