The journey of a Blonde

This oneshot is based on my future story. So this can be seen as a bit of a preview to that one.

________

The new world. The merged world. One of the many people that now call the place home, whether they want to or not, is a boy named Lucas. His journey is a long one. A rollercoaster, if you will. You, the reader, may see this as the peephole view of what Lucas does in the world. But let's not dilly dally any longer. My name is X, I will be your narrator this time around, and this is Lucas's Journey...part of it, at the very least.

It all starts with the day he wakes up. He spurs awake in a random building within the Wrecked Village. It was a village that lived up to its name. A village torn apart by a horrible war long before the merge. Lucas wakes up on the floor of the building. He was very clearly confused, which I can understand. I don't know what, and even if, he saw how he was brought here. But suddenly waking up in a strange place will cause anyone some confusion.

Either way, being the adventurer he is, makes him feel less confused than most people would be in his situation. He stands up and stretches his back as a powerful yawn comes upon him. As he recovers, a small snake head pops up from Lucas's wrist. This is his Rope Snake. A weird creature that seemingly lives inside Lucas. How he feeds? How he, well, lives? I do not know. And part of me doesn't desire to know. The two of them are close, that's all that matters.

Lucas greets the snake before the snake retreats back into his wrist. Lucas leaves the building, scanning the area around him, seeing that it was in fact not any place he knows. He calls upon the snake. "Hey, could you look around and find something? Water or....or anything of note?" he asks the snake. The snake nods before slithering off. There isn't much around him. But I need him to go somewhere in particular. I need to influence the snake. I'm able to reach into the mind of the snake, which I can't do with anyone else. I'm able to bring the snake to the Sharp River. After he sees it, he rushes back to Lucas to tell him.

Lucas makes it to the Sharp River. Good. There's one particular reason as to why I want him to be there....

He crouches down and drinks some of the water in the river. However, while drinking some of the water, what ends up happening is he sees blood in the water in the corner of his eye. He looks around the river and sure enough, sees more and more bloody water. He jumps back and sees Mario floating aimlessly through the water, face down, and bleeding from his gut. Lucas shoots up but is almost instantly filled with the need to help him. He grabs his snake before running alongside the rushing river to stay with Mario. He tries to extend the snake to grab him, but the rushing water moves Mario faster than the snake can extend. When the snake returns to normal length, Lucas continues running alongside the river. This time, stopping a bit ahead of Mario. He extends the snake, but much like last time, fails to make it all the way.

Getting a bit agitated, Lucas runs alongside the river to keep up with Mario. Lucas's eyes are centered on the body, not where he was running. This causes him to crash into someone and fall down. He looks at the person he bumped into. This person is Dark Samus. A very important person within Lucas's life here in the new world. He doesn't know it just yet. But soon enough, he will.

He jumps up and bows his head, "I'm so sorry. I-I didn't see you there, please forgive me." Dark Samus changed right there. Why you may ask? Because of Lucas. Lucas is special. At least in this new world. He just treated the Phazon clone of a real human with respect and worry. Dark Samus never felt that before. No one ever treated her as a human before. She knows she's not a human. She always knew. But in this one moment, she was able to forget.

Lucas looks up and sees Mario in the distance, gaining a lot of, well, distance. He looks at Dark Samus. "Uhh, s-sorry, I've gotta save him." He runs past Dark Samus, causing her to look back, her head glitching a bit. Lucas is able to catch up, and further, down the river, he sees there's a rock within the river that will allow him to stand closer to Mario. He runs forward and slows down before jumping on this rock. The rock, as he expected it to be, is very slippery and it's not a very flat rock, to begin with. "A-a-alright buddy. It's now or never." The snake nods his little head and Lucas waits for Mario to come a bit closer. When he does, he extends the snake forward and actually grabs Mario, grabbing one of the straps of his overalls. Lucas chuckles. "We did it!" However, when he was trying to bring the snake back, his feet were slipping. "Oh no..." He tries to stabilize his feet, but can't without making the snake let go of Mario.