𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 28

RUI

I woke up earlier than usual, the pale morning light filtering through the curtains. The clock on the bedside table read 6 AM. Stretching and yawning, I knew it was time to start the day. After brushing my teeth and stepping into a refreshing shower, I let the warm water wash away the remnants of sleep. I washed my hair, letting the water run down until it reached the ends that brushed against the small of my back. Wrapping myself in a towel, I headed to my closet, pondering my outfit for the day. I settled on a simple yet comfortable ensemble—a black shirt paired with black denim shorts, and knee-high black boots. I left my hair loose, the ends cascading down my back.

Fully dressed and ready, I checked the clock again—7 AM. The decision was made—I was going to visit Taylor. I needed to confide in someone, to share the turmoil that had entered my life. Ruvik's presence had turned everything upside down.

I walked into the living room, half-expecting to find Ruvik there, but he was nowhere to be seen. Perhaps he was still asleep. With a sigh, I made my way to the hallway, reaching for the door. My eyes, however, were drawn to the keychain holder. His apartment key was missing. Panic and guilt surged within me. I berated myself for allowing him into my life, for letting him stay here. The responsibility weighed heavily on my shoulders.

For a brief moment, I wondered where he might have gone so early. But then I shook my head, telling myself that I shouldn't care. Pushing those thoughts aside, I stepped out of my apartment and locked the door behind me. Taylor's door seemed like my refuge, a place where I could share my concerns. I knocked, but there was no answer. I tried calling her, but all I received was a text message—"I left for work earlier." It was strange, given that her work usually started at 9 AM. Confusion mingled with my growing list of worries.

Resigned, I returned to my apartment. The emptiness of the space weighed on me as I decided to make breakfast. The sizzle of eggs in the pan was a comforting sound, and I cooked and ate in solitude, lost in my thoughts and contemplating the tangled web of my current situation.

I spent the whole afternoon on the living room couch, trying to escape from my thoughts by writing. I was so engrossed in it that I lost track of time completely. When I finally set aside my laptop to go to the bathroom, I glanced at the clock and realized it was already 2 PM. I had been writing for a solid four hours without even realizing it.

After freshening up, I headed to the kitchen to grab some Oreos. Even though it was lunchtime, I didn't feel very hungry. While munching on my snacks, I absentmindedly scrolled through my phone. I almost placed an order for lunch for both of us, but then I remembered that Ruvik hadn't returned home yet.

I began to feel a bit concerned about his whereabouts. I checked his room, but he wasn't there. I tried to reassure myself by thinking that he's a busy billionaire with a lot of work, so he might still be occupied. I briefly wondered if he had left the apartment. The idea crossed my mind that maybe it was better he wasn't here.

I returned to my writing, hoping that the distraction would help me forget about everything else for a while.

My phone startled me as it rang, and I glanced at the screen to see my father's name. We hadn't spoken since the disastrous dinner, so his call caught me off guard. I hesitated for a moment, unsure whether to answer. After a second ring, I gathered my courage and picked up the call, my voice guarded, "Yes?""Hello, my marshmallow," his voice greeted me warmly, despite the tension between us. I remained cautious and asked him directly, "Why did you call?.

My guard remained up, and I couldn't help but ask with a hint of skepticism, "Does it matter now? And why call after more than a week?".

He sighed again, sounding a bit tired as he explained that he had been caught up with an important business meeting in Paris. I could hear the genuine regret in his voice, but I was still nursing my feelings of disappointment. My response was short and simple, "Okay."