𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 36

RUVIK

I sat in the park, lost in my thoughts, as the afternoon sun cast a warm glow around me. My moment of solitude was interrupted by the insistent ringing of my phone. I swiftly retrieved it from my pocket and saw that it was Rupert calling. Concern crept into my voice as I answered.

"Yes, what is it?" I inquired, my worry evident.

Rupert's voice crackled through the phone, urgency lacing his words. "Come to my house, right now!"

My heart raced as I asked the question that was at the forefront of my mind, "Is it about Rui? Has something happened to her?" I had always been vigilant when it came to Rui's safety, especially since those eight demons had been discovered following her, and I had kept my promise by eliminating their existence.

Rupert's reply brought a strange mix of relief and curiosity. "No, it's not about her."

I pressed further, my concern not yet abated. "Then what is it about? Have you discovered something related to Rui, her plans, or her association with the government?"

A heavy sigh emanated from the other end of the line. "It's nothing about her. That demon from New Zealand is here, and she wants to meet you."

The shock of this revelation jolted through me. "Okay, I'll be there in a second," I replied.

With a swift thought, I opened a portal that would take me directly to Rupert's house. My mind raced with questions and apprehensions about this unexpected meeting with the New Zealand demon.
I rang the doorbell, and within a second, Rupert swung the door open. He gestured for me to enter, and I stepped into the living room. There she was, the pink-haired New Zealand demon. Rupert had been right; I couldn't sense her presence at all.

She stood by the window, and as she turned to face me, I took in her appearance. She wore a casual white dress, and what struck me as odd was that she still had her glasses on, even though we were indoors. Her pink hair cascaded down to her shoulders.

Before I could utter a word, she came running toward me and wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug. I was taken aback and didn't hug her back. Confusion washed over me as I wondered why she was hugging me and what her intentions were.

I gently broke the hug, taking a step back from her. She had a warm smile on her face, an expression of relief or excitement.

Rupert, ever the composed one, suggested, "Why don't we sit down?" We complied, settling on the couch, but maintaining some distance from one another. Rupert took a seat in a nearby couch chair.

I couldn't contain my curiosity any longer and asked, "Who are you, and what's your name?"

She replied, "It's me, Cassandra."

I couldn't hide my confusion, "And why are you here? I'm sorry, but I don't recall making you a demon."

Cassandra's voice wavered with emotion, "You don't remember me?"

I shook my head, "I told you I didn't make you a demon. No other demon can create another demon except for me."

Cassandra's voice carried a mix of disappointment and disbelief, "I can't believe this. I've spent over 700 years searching for you."

I was in shock, "What? Why were you looking for me, and who are you?"

Cassandra dropped a bombshell, saying, "I'm a demon god." Rupert and I couldn't help but burst into laughter at this claim.

She then surprised us further by standing up, removing her glasses, revealing her unique white eyeballs with pitch-black pupils. I'd never seen eyes like hers before.