𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 38

RYUK

I woke up and headed to the kitchen. We'd gotten home pretty late, around 2:30 AM, so I didn't want to wake Rui. I made myself a cup of coffee, poured it into a mug, and wandered into the living room. I slouched on the couch and turned on the TV. Truth be told, I hadn't slept all night. My mind was stuck on Rui and that motherfucker monster, Ruvik.

Then, suddenly, the doorbell rang. I got up, stumbled to the door, it’s my maid . I swung the door open, and I froze. There was Ruvik, standing there.

He greeted me with that eerie smile of his, "Pleasant to see me here?"

I tried to keep my cool, even though I was seriously worried and panicked about Rui and Ruby, I shot back, "Living in delusions already?"

Ruvik chuckled and said, "You have something that belongs to me."

I started to deny it, "I've noth—"

But before I could finish, he stepped forward and locked eyes with me, as if trying to use some kind of power on me, he is compelling me, and demanded, "Where are Rui and Ruby?"

Thing is, he didn't know his powers didn't work on me. So, I played it smart and replied, "I don't know."

Ruvik prodded, "Are you sure?"

Keeping up the act, I said, "Yeah, Rui's on vacation, and I don't know any Ruby."

Ruvik snickered and said, "So they're not inside your house? And Rui didn't contact you?"

I pretended to be clueless, "No."

He suggested, "Step aside. You won't mind if I check your house, would you?"

Even though I was panicking inside, I kept it casual and replied, "Sure, go ahead."

I moved aside, and Ruvik walked into my house. While he searched around, I slyly deleted the previous day's CCTV footage from my phone, just in case he suspected there were cameras which was nearly impossible because the cameras are small and hidden. Inside, I was a mess, praying Rui and Ruby were safe, either hidden somewhere or had found a way to escape.

Ruvik went through every room in the house and finally returned. My anxiety levels were off the charts.

He declared, "They're not here."

Panic and dread hit me like a freight train. If they weren't in my house, where the heck could they be?

I managed a weak smile and said, "I told you."

Ruvik warned, "I'm heading out now, but call me immediately if you hear from Rui. She'll definitely come to you."

After he left, I tore through the house, checking every corner, but there was no sign of Rui and Ruby.