12

Kindly note that this piece of writing may contain grammatical errors and misspelled words due to human error or lack of attention to detail. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result of these oversights and assure you that the content is still comprehensible despite any minor flaws.

- kyannie

The realization that the victim was Dan Lim hit me hard. I could feel my heart racing as I tried to process the information.

That night.. Lucius had indeed killed him..

I froze in shock as I processed what I had just witnessed. Was everything Xandre had said about Lucius being a mafia true?

My mind was reeling as I tried to make sense of it all. It was difficult to reconcile the man who had treated me gently with the person who had just killed someone.

I felt torn between fear and disbelief, wondering what I should do next. Part of me wanted to confront Lucius about it, but another part of me was terrified of what his reaction might be.

Lost in my thoughts, I changed channels in an attempt to distract myself from the horrifying revelation I'd just encountered. Yet, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't shake off the image of Lucius and what he had done.

Suddenly, I jumped in surprise as someone hugged me from behind and kissed my neck. It was Lucius, who had woken up from his sleep.

"Lucius, you shouldn't be out of bed yet. You're still not okay!" I protested.

"I'm fine, darling." He chuckled softly and reassured me,

I touched his forehead to check his temperature, and it was still slightly warm, indicating that his fever hadn't completely subsided.

"Just sit here," I instructed, patting the sofa beside me.

"I'll go get you some water." I added

However, Lucius pulled me down onto his lap, preventing me from leaving.

"You don't need to get me water," he said, his hand firmly holding my waist.

"I have what I need right here." He added

I felt a flutter in my chest as he pulled me close, my body molding against his. Despite being ill, Lucius was still as commanding and authoritative as ever.

"But you have a fever," I protested weakly, unable to fully ignore my concern for him.

"You should be resting." I stated

He chuckled softly, his hand caressing my hip.

"Don't worry, cara," he whispered, his breath warm against my neck.

"I feel much better now that I have you here with me." He added

I felt my heart skip a beat as his fingers traced lazy patterns on my hip, his touch sending tingles through my skin. It was difficult to maintain my composure when he had me sitting on his lap like this.

"You shouldn't be exerting yourself," I said, trying to sound firm despite the way my body was reacting to his proximity.

"Exerting myself?" He chuckled again, his lips grazing against my neck.

"I'm not exerting myself, I'm simply enjoying the company of my beautiful Cara" He added

His tongue flicked out to taste my skin, his lips tracing a gentle path along my collarbone.

I let out a soft gasp, my body arching slightly under his touch. It was difficult to think straight when he was doing this to me.

"Lucius," I managed to say, my voice slightly breathless.