36

Kindly note that this piece of writing may contain grammatical errors and misspelled words due to human error or lack of attention to detail. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result of these oversights and assure you that the content is still comprehensible despite any minor flaws.

- kyannie

My heart sank as he pushed me away and spoke in a cold, emotionless voice.

As he inquired, his tone devoid of any warmth or recognition. It felt like a knife had been plunged into my heart, and as each word left his lips, it felt like my heart was shattering into smaller and smaller pieces.

For a moment, I couldn't speak, speechless at the sight of the man I loved treating me as if I were a stranger.

Suddenly, the door opened and someone walked into the room. I didn't spare any a glance, too preoccupied with the shock and confusion caused by Lucius's words.

Without warning, someone grabbed my face and slapped me hard, but I didn't even flinch. My mind was too occupied with the questions swirling through my head.

"How dare you show your face here, you bitch!" Stella shouted, her voice filled with anger and disgust.

"Enough, Stella. Just get her out of here and make sure she never comes back" Lucius ordered, his voice cold and distant.

Caius grabbed my arm and led me out of the room, leaving Lucas, Stella, Shanz and Lucius alone.

"W-what's happening? Why is Lucius acting like he doesn't know w-who I am?" I looked at him, utterly confused.

Caius avoided my gaze and bit his lower lip, as if choosing his words carefully.

"He has amnesia due to the accident" Caius stated bluntly.

"W-what? But.." I stammered, trying to process the news.

"Why does he remember Stella? Why not me?" My voice broke

"He only remembers what happened five years ago." Caius hesitated before answering

"No...no...his memories will come back, right?" I asked, desperate for him to say yes.

My heart sank as I heard his words, tears streaming down my face.

"Just stay away from him before he finds out about what you did at the business event, especially since he doesn't remember you," Caius stated seriously.

"He might ruin your life, I'm sure you don't want that." He continued.

"He used to be the most ruthless man five years ago," Caius asserted, before leaving me behind.

I sat on a chair to the side, crying in disbelief over what was happening with Lucius. Grace suddenly found me and whisked me away to my room.

As I lay on my bed, I was filled with overwhelming sadness and worry for Lucius. Thoughts of him, memories of our past, and questions about his current state consumed my mind. I couldn't help but cry as the weight of the situation pressed down on me.

Grace sat by my side, her presence offering some comfort. I could feel her eyes on me, but I couldn't bring myself to look at her.

Suddenly, the door opened, and I looked up to see Xandre. Upon seeing me, he dropped whatever he was holding and rushed over to my side.

"Laoise, are you alright? How are you feeling?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.

"I'm okay, Xandre," I replied, forcing a smile.