23

Kindly note that this piece of writing may contain grammatical errors and misspelled words due to human error or lack of attention to detail. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result of these oversights and assure you that the content is still comprehensible despite any minor flaws.

- kyannie

Shortly afterward, I devoted myself to my work, pouring all my efforts into it. Additionally, I mustered the courage to enroll myself in my fourth year at the same university. Thankfully, Grace supported me through the process.

Grace looked at me with a concerned expression on her face and asked,

"Are you sure about this?", her eyebrows furrowing in concern.

"Going back to the same university can be risky since Lucius can easily find you here," she stated, not looking up from her phone.

I remained silent for a moment, thinking about her point. Returning to the university was potentially dangerous as Lucius could locate me there, but it was also my dream to finish my studies here. My thoughts were interrupted when Grace suddenly shouted.

Grace's scream pierced the air, her eyes wide with shock as she clutched her phone tightly.

She hastily looked up at me, her expression a mix of shock and disbelief.

"Is this Lucius?" she asked, shoving her phone in my face.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion, leaning in to look at the screen.

The headline on the news article read:
"Lucius Verdich, a renowned and wealthy businessman worldwide, was spotted at a hotel with renowned supermodel Victorina Mendez. Various sources claim they are dating, though it remains unconfirmed. Some reports hint at their closeness at a recent business party, where Victorina was seen holding Lucius Verdich's arm. Speculation abounds, with many deeming them a perfect match! Some people believe that they make a perfect couple! What are your thoughts on this developing situation?"

My heart sank as I read the news article, each word like a dagger to my chest.

The realization that the supermodel in the article was the same girl Lucius had been with at the bar, my world shattered into pieces.

I fought back tears as I returned Grace's phone to her, my hand shaking with the pain of the revelation.

Grace and I were currently sitting in a mall, taking a break on a bench. She tried her best to provide comfort and reassurance, but I assured her I was okay.

Secretly, I was putting on a brave face, hiding the pain I felt deep inside. I decided to embrace my normal life and strive for happiness, despite my deception.

Deep down, the pain was excruciating, but I masked my emotions and acted as if I was unbothered.

"I guess.. there's no need to hide anymore.." i chuckled even though it really hurts me

"Siguro.. okay lang yan teh, hanap ka nalang iba" she stated

"Ayoko na.. pagod na ako, kasalanan ko naman din" i told her

"No, it's not your fault, Laoise. You just want a normal and a peaceful life you've always wanted. It's not your fault" she reassured

I smiled at Grace with a grateful smile, expressing my deep appreciation for her unwavering support through life's highs and lows.

I couldn't imagine facing life's challenges without her presence, as she was truly a blessing and a true friend.

With the evening approaching, I bid farewell to Grace and her bodyguards as they escorted me back to my dorm.