13

Kindly note that this piece of writing may contain grammatical errors and misspelled words due to human error or lack of attention to detail. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result of these oversights and assure you that the content is still comprehensible despite any minor flaws.

- kyannie

It was evening, and Lucius still hadn't returned home yet. I was downstairs cooking some food when suddenly, I got startled when someone hugged me from behind and kissed my neck gently.

"Lucius! Stop scaring me!" I exclaimed.

"I'm not, darling." He chuckled and replied,

"What are you doing? Let me help you." He asked, as he helped me.

"Hmm, okay." I agreed and said

Lucius and i continued to cook together in the kitchen, with Lucius occasionally teasing me or stealing a taste of the food she was preparing.

"Mmm, this smells delicious," he said, leaning over my shoulder to smell the simmering pot.

"You're quite the chef, darling."

"Stop it," i laughed, swatting playfully at his hand.

"You're distracting me." I added

"I just can't help myself," he chuckled, his breath warm against my ear.

"You're too tempting to resist." He added and i just chuckled

"Are you well now?" I asked, as I touched his forehead to check his temperature.

"Hmm, perfectly fine," he stated.

"Liar, you're still burning" I playfully slapped his arm.

"You should go sit there while I cook," I added.

"No, I'm fine," he argued.

But I pushed him gently to make him sit down, and he reluctantly followed.

Lucius sat there grumpily as he watched me cook, his arms crossed and a pout on his face.

"I don't know why you're making such a fuss, I feel completely fine." He grumbled

I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness.

"Of course you do," i said sarcastically.

"You always say that, even when you're obviously sick." I added

"I'm not sick, I just have a slight fever. It's nothing serious." He protested

I shook my head and continued cooking, ignoring his protests.

"You're so stubborn, you know that?" I said.

"Why can't you just accept that you're not feeling well and let me take care of you for once?" I argued

"I don't need you to take care of me," he muttered.

"I can take care of myself just fine." He added

I let out a frustrated sigh and put down the spatula, turning to face him.

"Why do you have to be so difficult?" I asked, my hands on my hips.

Lucius looked up at her, his pout still firmly in place.

"I don't need help," he repeated, stubbornly.

"I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself, and I don't need you to babysit me like a child." He stated

I found myself smiling and finding him cute about his behavior right now. I couldn't believe that Lucius had this side of him, and I wondered if anyone else knew, or if it was just me. I wondered if any of his comrades had seen him like this before.