30

Kindly note that this piece of writing may contain grammatical errors and misspelled words due to human error or lack of attention to detail. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result of these oversights and assure you that the content is still comprehensible despite any minor flaws.

- kyannie

I immediately became more alert, the news jolting me awake instantly.

"What? He's awake?" I asked, sitting up straight in bed

The nurse on the other line confirmed, her voice gentle yet authoritative.

"Yes, ma'am. He regained consciousness this morning after almost 2 years in a coma."

"Can I visit him? Is he able to talk?" I ran a hand through my hair, my mind racing as I tried to process the information.

The nurse assured me that visitors were allowed, and that my father was responsive, but would be in a weakened state.

I rushed into the shower, quickly freshening up and getting dressed. I didn't want to wake Lucius, knowing he was probably exhausted from the previous night.

Before leaving, I informed the staff to let Lucius know where I had gone, and then made my way to the hospital where my father was being kept.

As I walked through the hospital corridors, my heart beat faster with each step. My father had been in a coma for a year, and now he was finally awake.

The sterile, white hallways felt cold and impersonal, contrasting with the emotions coursing through me.

Finally, I reached my father's room. Soft sunlight streamed through the windows, casting a gentle glow on his face. He looked weak and tired, but his eyes were alert and open.

"Itay.." I whispered, my voice trembling slightly as I leaned over his bed.

He turned his head towards me, a small smile appearing on his lips when he saw me. His voice was raspy and weak, but I could hear the familiar affection in it.

"Anak ko.." he murmured, reaching a hand out to me.

"Dumating ka.." he smiled

"Oo naman, tay. Kumusta ka na?" I took his hand, holding it firmly in mine.

"Maayos naman na, anak. Pero masaya naman ako't nakita kita ulit." He chuckled weakly, a hint of his usual self showing through.

I felt a mixture of relief and worry wash over me. He was awake, yes, but he still looked so frail and weak. I couldn't help the tears that stung my eyes.

"Pinag-alala mo naman kami, tay." I said, trying to keep my voice steady.

"Akala nami'y hindi ka na po gigising." My voice broke

"Malakas ako anak, gigising at gigising ako para sa inyo, kaya wag ka nang mag-alala" He squeezed my hand gently, his grip weak but reassuring.

He shifted in the bed, wincing slightly as if in pain.

"May masakit po ba sa'yo? Tatawagin ko ba yung nurse?" I frowned, concerned by his wince.

"Wag na, anak. Maayos lang ako. Medjo masakit nga lang. Itong higaan kasi hindi ako komportable, alam mo yun" He shook his head weakly and chuckled

"Tay, Na comatose ka po nang almost 2 years sa higaan na iyan at ngayong iilang oras lang, nagrereklamo ka na" I couldn't help but laugh a little at his typical stubbornness.

"Ano ang masasabi ko? Palagi akong nakakahanap ng isang bagay na dapat ikagalit. Specialty ko yun." Marahan siyang tumawa, nanlilisik ang mga mata sa mga sulok.