19

Kindly note that this piece of writing may contain grammatical errors and misspelled words due to human error or lack of attention to detail. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result of these oversights and assure you that the content is still comprehensible despite any minor flaws.

- kyannie

Tears streamed down my face as I closed my eyes, convinced I was facing the end.

However, when Caleb pulled the trigger once and twice, all that happened was a harmless clicking sound. I remained alive, thanks to the gun being unloaded.

"Fuck it!!" Caleb roared, tossing the gun aside in frustration.

Lucius quickly seized the opportunity and picked up the nearby gun. Without hesitation, he aimed and fired, striking Caleb in the head. As Caleb collapsed, Lucius quickly took me into his arms, enveloping me in a tight embrace. Celestine's anguished shouts rang out as she cried for her fallen brother.

All eyes turned to Shanz, who stood there, with a puzzled expression.

"Damn, I forgot to load that gun." Shanz said as he scratched his head

"That's a good thing, you moron" Carius commented.

"Kaya nga eh pasalamat kayo, lutang ako" Shanz chuckled

"Tanga, di ka naman nagsabi! Mamamatay na kami sa kaba!" Binatukan ni Caius si shanz

"Aray naman! Nakalimutan ko nga eh" Sabi ni shanz

"Clean up this mess up, we're heading home" Lucius commanded, his voice firm. Without warning, he gently placed his hand on my waist, guiding me towards the car.

I remained silent during the entire drive back, tears silently streaming down my face. There was so much to process in my mind that I couldn't find the words to speak. Lucius too remained quiet as he focused on driving.

Once we reached the condo, he silently led me inside, seating me on my bed. I sat there in a daze, still unable to find my voice as the events of the evening replayed in my mind. Thankfully Shanz forgot to load the gun, I'm still shaking by the near-death experience

I sat quietly on the bed, lost in my own thoughts, as Lucius gently placed a comforting hand on my back.

"Are you alright?" Lucius whispered, his voice gentle as he looked at me with concern in his eyes.

I hesitated for a moment before replying weakly,

"I don't know... I almost died...," the words stuck in my throat.

Lucius pulled me closer, wrapping his arms around me in a gentle embrace.

"But you're safe now," he murmured, his voice filled with reassurance.

I leaned into his embrace, desperately seeking comfort as the tears continued to flow.

"I was so scared," I managed to say, my voice trembling.

Lucius held me tightly, rubbing soothing circles on my back.

"It's over now. You're safe with me," he whispered, his words like a balm to my frayed nerves.

I buried my face in his chest, my body shaking as I let out a quiet sob.

"I... I thought I was going to die," I choked out, the memory of the gun against my head still fresh in my mind.

Lucius held me even closer, his touch gentle yet firm, providing unwavering support.

"Shhh," he whispered, his voice low and soothing.