20

Kindly note that this piece of writing may contain grammatical errors and misspelled words due to human error or lack of attention to detail. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result of these oversights and assure you that the content is still comprehensible despite any minor flaws.

- kyannie

His words hit me like a wave, and despite my denial, I knew deep down that he was telling the truth. My eyes widened in shock, and my heart plummeted to my stomach.

"Please tell me you're joking," I pleaded, my voice wavering.

He turned and looked at me with a solemn expression, his eyes fixed on mine.

"I'm not, sweetheart," he replied quietly.

"You know I'm not." He added
I felt a cold pit form in my stomach as the reality of his words sank in. It was too much to take in, too much to process. My mind was spinning, filled with a rush of thoughts and emotions.

"But... but..." I stammered, struggling to find the right words.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I inquired

He stepped closer until he was standing right in front of me, his eyes boring into mine.

"I didn't tell you because I knew that you already knew since the first incident on that ambush," he repeated.

Right, he was right. Deep down, I knew that he was not a normal person, and I suspected that they were involved in something far more sinister than usual business dealings.

Even if Xandre hadn't told me about their true nature, I knew in my gut that they were mafia. Despite my doubts, I had previously refused to believe them, thinking that perhaps I was just overthinking and acknowledged my doubts, dismissing them as mere paranoia.

However, now I was determined to find the truth. I would not admit to my suspicions until I confirmed them for myself, and now, it's true.

as Lucius stood before me, the truth laid bare, I couldn't deny it any longer. He was right. I had known from the start but had chosen to ignore it.

I remained quiet for a moment, the weight of the revelation settling upon me. Finally, I spoke, my voice barely above a whisper.

"I knew," I admitted softly.

"I knew from the beginning, but I didn't want to believe it. I refused to see what was right in front of me." I stated

Lucius was silent for a moment, his expression unreadable. When he spoke again, his voice was gentle.

"Why didn't you say anything?" he asked.

"Why keep silent about it?" He inquired

I let out a humorless laugh, my eyes fixed on the ground.

"I honestly don't know," I replied.

"Maybe I was afraid. Afraid of what it would mean for us, for me, for my life. I didn't want to accept it, I guess." I looked up at him then, meeting his gaze directly.

"But you could've told me the truth," I said, my voice steady but tinged with hurt.

"Instead, you chose to keep it from me." I stated

Lucius paused for a moment, his gaze fixed on me.

"Are you afraid that I might be scared of you if I knew the truth?" I asked, seeking clarification.

"Perhaps you won't accept my true personality" he replied simply.

I was unsure about how to feel. Honestly, I didn't want to be involved in this world. My life had been peaceful before, but now, I didn't know what lay ahead. All I longed for was to lead a tranquil life.