Episode 6: In the Knicker of Time!

Mew and her friends continue on their journey to Rustboro City. But first, Mew and her Pokemon are having a Pokemon Battle against a male trainer and his Beedrill. Tomo, Jen, Molly, May, and Max watch with excitement.

The trainer calls out, "Beedrill, Twineedle!"

Beedrill darts in and the attack lands on Pikachu. Pikachu slides to a stop

Mew calls out, "Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!"

"Pika!" (Roger!) Pikachu calls out.

Pikachu fires the attack, taking Beedrill out of the air.

The trainer gasps and calls out, "Beedrill, come on, get up!"

Beedrill tries to get up, but ultimately collapses in defeat.

Brock announces, "Beedrill is unable to battle! Pikachu wins!"

"That was great, Pikachu!" Mew calls out.

"Pika Pika!" (Another win!) Pikachu happily says.

The trainer helps Beedrill up, "Good work, Beedrill."

Mew walks over, "Hey, how's Beedrill doing?"

"Pikachu?" (You okay?) Pikachu asks.

"Just fine," The trainer says, " And I want to thank you for such an incredible battle, Ashley. Put 'er there."

Both trainers shake hands

"I should be thanking you," Mew says.

"Hope we get to battle again sometime," The trainer says.

"Me too," Mew says.

Amazed, Max says, "That battle was totally awesome! Wasn't it, May?"

"Yeah!" May says.

Shortly after, the group walk along the forest,

"Two trainers ending their battle with a warm handshake. Now, that's true sportsmanship."

"Well, that's what Pokémon battling is really all about, friendship between Trainers," Brock says.

"That's for sure," Mew says, "If you're not out making friends, what's the point?"

"I guess I can see that, but you're wasting a lot of energy in your battling, Mew," Max says.

"Huh?" Mew says, confused.

"Take the attack you just used. If you'd used Quick Attack, you would've avoided Twineedle," Max says.

"Maybe, but sometimes it's best not to charge in right away. Otherwise the opponent might have an advantage or you'll end up using your energy too soon," Mew says.

"Mew is right, Max," Molly says.

Jen says, "They have a point. Also, there are some Pokemon that can be stronger against those who they're weak against, so it's good to keep that in mind."

Max blushes a bit and says, "Um really now."

"Yep," Jen says.

Suddenly, Amaurua calls out, "Amaura!" (Jen look!)

"Huh?" Max and Jen reply confused.

Everyone gasps as they see two silhouettes of Pokémon running out of the bushes.

It's a raccoon dog-like, quadrupedal Pokémon with bristly, zigzag-patterned fur. It has stripes formed by alternating layers of cream and brown fur. It has a brown head with spiky ears and a black nose. A black mask-like pattern surrounds its brown eyes. The upper half of its mouth is jagged, and when it is open, there are two pointed teeth in its lower jaw. Its feet have three claws and pink paw pads. Its fore feet are cream-colored, but the hind feet are brown. Its brush tail is spiky and bristly.