Episode 14: All Things Bright and Beautifly!

Mew and the group are walking down a path that has trees and rose bushes surrounding the area. Soon, they see a large building up ahead.

Max calls out, "Hey. I guess that's Rustboro Hall."

"Which means we must already be in Rustboro City," Mew says.

Tomo turns to Mew, "Are you ready for your battle?"

"I'm ready alright, but we're still over a day's walk from the gym," Mew says.

"Oh," Tomo replies.

As the group walk, they see a trainer brushing his Persian, another trainer using a water hose to give her Flaaffy a bath, another trainer practicing an attack with his Slugma.

"Look at the trainers and their Pokemon," Jen says.

"Wonder what they're doing?" Molly asks.

Then Max points out, "Check it out!"

Everyone looks ahead.

"Hey," Brock says.

"I bet you they're all preparing for that Pokémon Contest," Max says.

"A Pokémon Contest?" May responds.

"Cool," Mew says.

Suddenly, a Beautifly lands on May's face, frightening her to the point of falling over while everyone else looks on, shocked.

"Oh no," Jen cries out.

"May!" Mew cries out.

May panics and cries out, "Get off me!"

The Beautifly gets off of May's face.

"It's a Beautifly," Mew says and brings out her Pokedex.

Dextette says, "Beautifly, the Butterfly Pokémon. A Bug and Flying Type. Beautifly have long, thin noses which can extend to suck the pollen out of flowers.

The Beautifly lands on May's head.

May cries out, "Get off!"

"Looks like you got a new friend," Mew says.

But May continues to try shaking it off, "It's not funny!"

Suddenly, someone calls out, "I'm so sorry!"

Everyone looks and sees two trainers.

One of them is a girl wearing a long sleeve yellow shirt, a pink skirt, and a necklace. She has fair skin, brown hair, and greenish blue eyes.

The one with a Venomoth flying behind is a boy wearing a teal shirt, pale green pants. He also has light tank skin and purple hair.

The boy calls out, "Are you okay?"

Of course, Brock has his eyes set on the female trainer, "Hello!" and comes up to the female trainer and takes her hand, "Is your mother a great artist? Cause you're a work of art!"

And soon, the Beautifly flies over to her.

"Pretty as a pic..." Brock is soon cut off by the Beautifly landing on his head.

The girl is horrified, "Beautifly, stop that!"

Max walks over and asks, "So I was wondering, were you training your Beautifly for that Pokémon contest?"

"Well, as a matter of fact, I was, but, unfortunately, some of the attacks went a little bit wrong," The female trainer says.

Then Venomoth's trainer says, "That's probably my fault Venomoth's Whirlwind attack was too strong. It was a hopeless failure."