༺ 27 ༻

Upon returning to her chambers, she had taken a long soothing bath, washing away the dirt and smell of her ride through the Kingswood with Aemond. The warm water had relaxed her muscles, the scented oils and rose petals drifting in the bath had provided a much-needed respite from the day's exertions. Aemond had left to attend to some matters swiftly after they arrived back.

Now, she stood before her mirror, preparing herself for the evenings feast. She had chosen a striking black dress for the occasion, its fabric luxurious and soft against her skin. The dress was adorned with intricate red dragons, their forms stitched with a diamond-stone fabric that glittered subtly in the light. It was a low-cut gown, showcasing her collarbones and the upper curve of her breasts.

Standing before her mirror, Visenya admired the dress, turning slightly to see how it moved with her. The reflection staring back at her was one of strength and beauty, a woman ready to face whatever challenges the evening might bring.

As she stood before her mirror, the dress still open at the back and her corset loosely tied, she heard the door to her chamber open. Ellyn, one of her maids, entered with a graceful curtsy, her head bowed respectfully. "Princess, is there anything I can assist you with?" she inquired, her tone respectful and attentive.

Visenya turned to face her, a small, appreciative smile playing on her lips. "Actually, you can," she replied. "Could you please help me with tightening my corset and then closing my dress? This one is a bit tricky to manage on my own."

Ellyn nodded and stepped forward, her hands deftly working on the corset's laces with practiced efficiency. The maid pulled the laces tighter, and Visenya felt the garment begin to shape her body. As Ellyn continued tightening, the sensation became a mix of discomfort and anticipation. When the laces pulled a bit too tight, Visenya's breath hitched in her throat.

"Maybe a little looser," Visenya said, her voice strained. "I still have to be able to breathe."

Ellyn immediately loosened the laces, her face flushing with embarrassment. "I'm so sorry, Princess," she apologized quickly.

Visenya gave a reassuring smile, shaking her head slightly. "It doesn't matter," she said, her tone gentle. "Just make sure it's snug but not suffocating."

Ellyn nodded again and more carefully adjusted the corset this time. As the laces were tightened to a more comfortable fit, Visenya felt the garment cinch her waist and lift her breasts, accentuating her figure. It forced her to stand straighter, her posture more regal and commanding. She could feel the support of the garment aligning her shoulders, lifting her chin, and pushing her chest forward, readying her for the public role she was about to play.

"There you go, Princess," Ellyn said, as she finished securing the laces and fastening the back of her dress, she stepped back to admire her handiwork. "You look stunning."

Visenya turned slightly, admiring the way the dress moved with her. The red dragons and diamond stones caught the light, adding an almost ethereal quality to her appearance. The corset, though tight, gave her a sense of confidence and poise.

Visenya's gaze softened as she regarded the young maid, her eyes reflecting a rare moment of genuine warmth. "Thank you, Ellyn. Your help has been invaluable tonight. I won't need any further assistance."

Ellyn curtsied, her face showing a hint of pride. "It's my pleasure, Princess. If there's anything else you need, please don't hesitate to ask."

As Ellyn left she heard the door click shut, the room fell into a hushed silence, leaving Visenya alone with her thoughts. She stood still for a moment, taking in the quietude of her chambers, a stark contrast to the bustling preparations of the evening. The flickering candlelight cast soft shadows across the walls, adding to the serene ambiance.