44

It turned out that one of Jake's most closest, loyal guards had betrayed him, and stored a lot of valuable information with him.

I thought it was odd, I don't know, I didn't quite understand why I got this feeling. But the guys were already at work, tracking the guy's location down as fast as they possibly could.

It wasn't easy work obviously, and not a lot of them would tell me what the hell was going on, but regardless, I could make deductions and figure it out myself.

I was sat lounging around, considering they wouldn't let me get involved yet. But I could just feel the tense, angry atmosphere from all of them.

And at one point, they all stormed out of the house, armed with protective gear. Well, clearly, they were about to raid the location.

Everybody else left the house, but Jake walked out last, and as he was about to pass by me, he stopped, turning to look at me. The gaze in his eyes was indescribable, I don't know what he was saying through his eyes, but I had no idea how to feel about it.

I stood up, approaching him and fixed the attachment on his gun, he watched, silently. I looked up at him, and gave a small smile.

"Stay safe." I could at least give a disappointed chuckle from my lips. He gave a faint sigh, his hand on my cheek again, he raised my head to look up at him.

And with that, he gave me a sweet, soft kiss on my lips.

"I will be." With no further words, he walked out of the building, joining his friends and the other men that are tagging along.

I gave a large huff as the house suddenly felt very empty. Sure, there were still people in here, like the cleaners, the personal chefs, and so on, but it wasn't the same as having Jake here.

-

The next while that passed was so boring. I had no idea what to do, and out of curiosity, I head up to the room where they were tracking down the traitorous guard, I checked all the notes, and the scrunched up note on the side.

It's been a while since they left, so it must be a hard mission. I gave a sigh, thinking nothing of it as I uncrumpled the paper ball.

I read the letter, no, not even, I just skimmed across it out of boredom.

Though, every word I read, had some kind of familiar feeling to it. As if I've seen this format before, my gut feeling was coming to a peak, placing the paper down and looking at the location they were at.

My heartbeat intensified, trying to quickly see where they were actually at.

I swallowed hard, looking at this place they were dragged to. It was actually, one of the bases we used to use at my workplace to track down gangs.

It was abandoned, and not used in years, which is probably why they thought nothing of it. But this just sent me in a rush of panic.

This was all a trap, the letter, the capture of one of his guards, the location the guard is in. It was all done intentionally, to capture Jake and his gang.

Fuck, without a second thought, I stood up and hurried to grab my uniform and some ammunition. It was odd to me, and I knew I should've told them beforehand.

God, they're in so much danger.

Though, I wasn't sure about that too, considering he was strong and managed to avoid the federal bureau for years.

I grabbed one of Jake's cars once more, I couldn't even ask him to borrow it, which somehow made me feel more so inclined to get my ass there as fast as possible.

Agent 003 is back.

And instead of fighting evil, I'm fighting against the good for a change. I know, probably a horrible character development, but I can't help it.

I sped down highways, skirting down narrow paths and dirt trails just to get to this place in the shortest possible time ever. I hopped out of my car, and already noticed a few dead guards at the front, and rushing inside, cautiously, it looked as if they had wiped out the first and second wave of guards.

Upon further entry into the warehouse, I heard shouting, gunfire and what not.

I hurried there, hiding behind a wall as I tried to peer into what was going on. It was rather dim, and I could see a good few men shooting, it was a whole mess in there.

Out of nowhere, I heard a familiar voice.

"Fuck, it's a trap. We need to get out of here, where the fuck is Jake?" Sunghoon muttered, and I widened my eyes.

Thank god they at least realised that this was only to lure them in.

I ran off, trying to find another direction into the huge room they were in. It suddenly went quiet, and that's probably never a good sign.

The guys must've left, I assumed anyways, and as I peered into the room where they were all in, a bunch of men were on the floor, dead, guns scattered around.

But where was Jake?